Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just bought my 2011 8-Ball last night. I cleaned it up, removed the passenger seat/pegs and pulled off the bullet screen. I pulled the battery because it looks original. I took it to have it tested and it is okay. During this process, I noticed there's no fuel controller and the O2 sensors are still connected. My question is about the pipes. What brand are they? Should I be running an EJK?

Attachments

·
Premium Member
784 Posts
I believe those are the, now defunct, Victory swept pipes. Them's rare now.
I ran my highball with gutted pipes and all I did was unhook the o2 sensors, worked fine. I bet you could get away with just unhooking in the sensors, but the best way would be a fuel controller.

·
Premium Member
9,684 Posts
:I agree: Yep , swept pipes by Victory .

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I got some saddle time yesterday, about 50 miles of in town / highway and back roads. It was great. I love the power and handling. I like the sound of the exhaust, not too loud unless you roll on the throttle. They do pop and backfire a lot on deceleration and down shifting. I'm not crazy about that. I'm putting a fresh air filter in it today hoping that might do something.

·
Registered
4,075 Posts
I'm putting a fresh air filter in it today hoping that might do something.
Its probably not going to matter much, but if you get more air flow from a fresh air filter, you are going to increase the lean condition of your bike. If you haven't already, you should disconnect those O2 sensors and give it a try out.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I disconnected the O2 sensors yesterday before doing an 80 mile ride. Thanks PaiN and doobliss for the suggestion. I really think it helped! The bike still pops and sputters on decel / downshift but it is no longer backfiring like gunfire.

·
Registered
132 Posts
I disconnected the O2 sensors yesterday before doing an 80 mile ride. Thanks PaiN and doobliss for the suggestion. I really think it helped! The bike still pops and sputters on decel / downshift but it is no longer backfiring like gunfire.
Take a minute and be sure the pipes (carefully so as not to snap off bolts) are snug at jugs. If loose they will increase popping on decel.

·
Registered
169 Posts
definitely get it tuned on a dyno...it will be specific for your bike and it will eliminate some of the backfiring but not all.

previous owner could have put a stage 1 map or similar in there when they did the pipes, but that is just a canned tune...all bikes are different. I disconnected my o2 sensors when I put my Freedom Performance pipes on and my bike was running very very lean. So in my case, it wasn't as simple as "just disconnect o2 and you'll be fine."

1 - 8 of 8 Posts