Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys. I just got a '99 V92 C. I am told that recall work was done on the tranny and that should prevent any of the issues that are read about. Does that sound right? It runs great for the most part. There are a few things I need to fix like the Neutral indicator. And some cosmetic things.

·
Registered
361 Posts
Congratulations on the new bike, while there were many recalls on the early bikes the transmission was never officially recalled so if you still have the original tranny there's a chance it will go south on you at some point. Some like mine were replaced under warranty and later Victory supplied parts and owners paid for install under a short lived program. Put a picture up of the old girl when you can-good luck-Brian

·
Registered
361 Posts
It's a black beauty-I like the blacked out front end/spokes/pipes-these are great bikes and when the bugs get worked out they're even better- In my opinion Victory went downhill after these in may ways and started cheaping out on the paint, chrome, & metal parts-Better engines now but lots of plastic & cut corners to save production costs.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks. I'm digging the black also. I appreciate the kind words. I'm having the worst time finding parts for this thing. Where can I get parts? Most of the Chrome is really bad. Rusting in several places. I would rather buy replacement parts tthat are sock or at least close. I want to stay away from Kuryakin. Could you point me in that direction?

·
Registered
357 Posts
You could wait till winter and take the rusted chrome off and have it powder coated black

·
13,038 Posts
Hey guys. I just got a '99 V92 C. I am told that recall work was done on the tranny and that should prevent any of the issues that are read about. Does that sound right? It runs great for the most part. There are a few things I need to fix like the Neutral indicator. And some cosmetic things.
go to dealer give service manger your vin number and he can tell you what recalls were done

·
Registered
681 Posts
Tigerdna, I used victorypartsmonster.com to get a hard to find but critical engine part when i couldn't find it anywhere else. I haven't seen anyone on here talk about that site (but I haven't really looked), but they have just about all your oem parts on there. I didn't have any trouble with them when I used them

·
Registered
1,499 Posts
Wait till winter and rechrome. Cheaper and better. Only chrome I purchased was front brake master cylinder, primary/cam covers and starter cover. I think from what I can see of your light bar, the HD TS's mod would work. As you go through your mods post them up here and Im sure there some one that has an idea about it that could help.

A couple things to keep an eye on would be NOT letting your battery drain down as it can affect the speedo lcd memory for milage. Also, keep an eye on those battery terminals for clean and tight. Keeps your ignition happy! Im running the freedom 92 so some of the guys on here with the hammer 92 would have to chime in on specifics to watch on your 99. You got a great lookin ride, welcome to the forums!

Tim

1 - 10 of 10 Posts