Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all,
Just purchased a 13 cross country. I purchased the lock and ride trunk and sissy bar passenger back rest. Need some help. My wife and I are bigger folks and would like to have some extra room. Has anyone come across a mod to add a couple of inches of seat room. Any and all recommendations would be appreciated. Could loose some pounds but looking for options. Lol. Thanks again. Looking forward to some great Victory ownership!

·
Registered
121 Posts
Bighouse427 sorry that I can't help you with your questions But I just wanted to say Welcome. Hope someone out there can answer your question, in the mean time have fun and enjoy

·
Registered
2,070 Posts
Yes, welcome to Vic ownership.

As far as the seat change, I think you may have to look into custom-made seating, such as the Russell Day Long (see https://www.day-long.com/gallery_Victory.html ). I don't have an RDL myself, but there are some Cross-bike riders who have one. I don't know whether this will help in terms of added fore-aft length for the passenger seat, but it's my understanding that this could be done for the pilot.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Ps thank for the input.

The seat works and fit is fine but the sissy and truck actually sit over the seat back a inch or two. Is there a Way to move the sissy or trunk back a inch or two?

·
Registered
2,070 Posts
The seat works and fit is fine but the sissy and truck actually sit over the seat back a inch or two. Is there a Way to move the sissy or trunk back a inch or two?
Ah, I see what you mean. Uh, I've never read of anyone's doing that kind of work, especially with the trunk. I think you're in for some major fabrication work, if you have your heart set on that kind of movement.

A custom-made backrest/luggage rack might be do-able; a lot of folks have done luggage rack custom work, but I don't know about the positioning of the backrest. I think they all start with a Vic or aftermarket backrest (I don't know much about this, because I have an XCT, i.e., a trunk).

If you want to look at some of the rider-fabricated backrest racks, there's a good thread on this, on the other forum. The other forum is TheV-O-G.net, and is also free to join (and most, or at least many, of us are on both that forum and this forum). This forum has some built-in censorship: it won't let you post the name or links with that other forum's name, which is why I put those dashes in there. That is, the real name of the other forum doesn't have those dashes.

With that out of the way, the other forum thread that I'm talking about, and which you may find useful, is this one:

http://www.thev-o-g.net/threads/luggage-rack.19857/

But don't click on that link, because it won't work! Instead, cut and paste that text/link into your browser's URL field, remove those dashes between V and O and G, and then hit enter. Follow me? (There are pros and cons of both forums, but at least that other forum doesn't censor links to this forum. What a nuisance here.)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts