Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
316 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm new to this site, I have a 2008 jackpot premium, I got from my wife as a 10th anniversary gift this year and put about 2000 miles on it. Has stage one victory exhaust, K&N, fuel down load. 2008 Jackpot Preimium.JPG

·
Administrator
5,988 Posts
Welcome aboard, buddy. Your bike looks awesome and sounds like you're blessed with a great wife too. What more can you want? cheers

·
Premium Member
13,730 Posts
I'm new to this site, I have a 2008 jackpot premium, I got from my wife as a 10th anniversary gift this year and put about 2000 miles on it. Has stage one victory exhaust, K&N, fuel down load. View attachment 1235
Wow! You've got a helluva wife! Does she have a sister or in a pinch; can I borrow her for a little while until I get such a nice gift!!?

Just kiddin, eh. Sounds like you got a real keeper there mate and the bike ain't bad either ....

·
Registered
57 Posts
Great googgly-mooggly!! Your wife needs to open a school for other wives. That is an awesome bike!! Congrats and welcome!

·
Registered
316 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Great googgly-mooggly!! Your wife needs to open a school for other wives. That is an awesome bike!! Congrats and welcome!
I bought her a new SUV last year for Xmas it had a big bowtie on it in the driveway.
The year before I bought her a vacuum cleaner as a joke, she did not forgive me until the she got the SUV.
This probably the payback from her for being pissed at me for the vacuum cleaned so long and the guilt got to her.
I’m thinking of more ways to piss her off because the payoff is always good when she makes up to me.
Next bike XC? As she will not get on the JP. I removed the ugly back rest that was on it after the riding season was over, and I want the JP to have a lot more performance as it seems gutless to me. (I use to ride a V65 22 years ago this is my first bike since then as I put the V65 end over end at 125 mph and totaled it).
I like the bike for cruising but the seat sucks. I changed the pegs for boards and like the riding position better. It also has a victory quick release windshield. Stage 1 victory exhaust, K&N filter, stage 1 fuel map. Lots of extra crome.
Feels good to be back into the saddle after 22 years. cheers

·
Registered
107 Posts
Rule # 1 is never buy your wife anything with a handle on it as a gift.

Might want to check out the S&S intake for a performance upgrade, made a noticeable difference for me

·
Registered
316 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Might want to check out the S&S intake for a performance upgrade, made a noticeable difference for me[/QUOTE]

Checked out the S&S site turns out the dealer my bike came from is an S&S dealer.
The only thing listed was air cleaner upgrade, claim of 20hp.

But to you have to remove the fuel tank to clean the filter after the upgrade?

Lots of dust here in Alberta in the summer as it is hot and dry with showers in the evening once in a while that last all of 10-20 minuets.

There has to be a better way?
:confused:

·
The Diamond
4,001 Posts
Welcome to the Victory Forums.

A couple of pointers. Please take the time to read the “Sticky” threads in the “Victory Forums Rules and New Members Introductions” forum. This will help you out a LOT with the Victory Forums.

The Search feature is your friend! You will find the answers to a lot of your questions by using it.

If you are asking questions that are of a technical/mechanical/electrical/performance nature please place them in the “Victory Tech and Performance” forum. This will speed up a response. Placing them in the model specific forum can delay a response.

To answer you question, YES you have to remove the tank. Removing the tank is a 5 minute job.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Yeah fuel tank isn't hard to remove. Mush easier to do it when it is closer to empty. :) I have the S&S intake as well. I feel it made a difference in sound as well as performance. Dunno about how much more it is getting with just that.

As far as comfort I really like my Corbin seat, was pricey, but very comfy. The only warning I would say about Corbin is they haven't caught up with the different fender on the 09's. I bought the Gunslinger driver and rear seat with the "easily removable" sissy bar. The rear seat didn't come with the proper mounting hardware for the rear seat and you have to remove both seats to attach and detach the rear backrest. Can't wait for summer-ay!! :p

1 - 10 of 10 Posts