Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone. New to site and you could say new to riding. I did ride in my younger years but it's been over 30 yrs since. I tell ya a little rusty would be an understatement. So I completed the MSF course,what an eye opener . Picked up a 750 Shadow for now until I get the bugs worked out.

Was looking at buying a HD , Nice bikes but I sure like the looks of the Victory's and I hear they are quite reliable. Not only that but for a little less than the HD you get newer technology as opposed to the 1940's still being used in the HD. Except for the VRod which Porsche designed, and I'm still not sold on the EVO yet, Road a Sportster and the vibration was numbing after an hour or so, Even more than the Shadow.

Vision or Kingpin would be my choice , not sure yet.

I work a 2 week on and 2 week off in the oil patch so I don't know if I would want to ride a touring around town when my wife is at work so I may lean towards the Kingpin, Although the Vision sure would be comfy for my better half thumb up . I may keep the Shadow for beating around or sell it off to help pay for new or used Vic. Not sure yet.

My wife and I have been out on a couple of shorts for some practice with the Shadow just to get used to the passenger idea. It's a challenge fer sure on a 750. Going for a test rides on Sept 20th. Then we shall see how the dollars are in the spring as riding season is coming to an end in my neck of the woods. Another month or so then the snow flies.

What do the long riders go with when they have a passenger? Or what would you recommend as an all around bike?

1 - 1 of 1 Posts