Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought my first street bike recently, an '07 ness jackpot. glad to be here and hope that I can learn from you guys. The bike seems loud sometimes, like it is coming from the drive train but being that it is my first bike, im wondering if that is normal?

·
Premium Member
6,019 Posts
Welcome mate ... Hope you will do a lot and safe riding ...

First job is to download your free manual ... Look up Bbob that is a member here and in his signature there is a link to all the manuals ...

Then read the section about setting the belt correctly ....

After 2 Posts / reply you can attach a picture ...

TaPaTaLk for VIC forum

·
Premium Member
778 Posts
I bought my first street bike recently, an '07 ness jackpot. glad to be here and hope that I can learn from you guys. The bike seems loud sometimes, like it is coming from the drive train but being that it is my first bike, im wondering if that is normal?
The driveline noise is very normal to our Vics. Overhead cams, gear driven primary, oil cooling (so no water jackets to block noise). It's normal. Now ride it like you stole it! :smile

·
Registered
12,149 Posts
Welcome from the Pacific Northwet. Help us to help you by filling out your profile and signature. We are full of erroneous advice and bald face lies - not to be trusted for a moment. What can you expect from ne'er do well drunk biker trash. Oh sorry, I thought I was posting on THAT other forum. We're here to help with wonderful tips and suggestions for spending your money. How much did you say you have in your funds??

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
ok so I found Bbob and his manuals, but I don't see one for a 2007 ness jackpot. The closest I could find is for 2008 hammer and ness jackpot, would this one be accurate for 2007 also?

·
Premium Member
6,019 Posts
That's good enough mate .... I printed the 2005 / 2006 Hammer / Vegas / Jackpot

And did almost every bolt-on that is available for my 2013 Jackpot ... It's all good mate ...

I printed A3 size ... Bigggg book

TaPaTaLk for VIC forum

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
im sure im going to have a lot of dumb questions from here on out so ill go ahead and get the first one out of the way. when im riding in town, at 25 mph, 3rd gear seems too sluggish but 2nd makes me feel like I need to shift. without a tach I cant really tell where im at

·
Registered
47 Posts
im sure im going to have a lot of dumb questions...
Blueoper, there are no dumb questions at this forum but dumb answers are everywhere!:ltr:
A tach will let you know where you're at but won't change the spacing of the gears. Ride your bike and in time you'll become acclimated to it and it won't bother you so much. With me I feel like I'm screaming in 4th gear or lugging 5th. It's a good thing our bikes have such a broad heap of torque.
You're not hurting the engine in the lower gear and have instant acceleration if you need it, that's the correct gear.

·
Premium Member
8,710 Posts
im sure im going to have a lot of dumb questions from here on out so ill go ahead and get the first one out of the way. when im riding in town, at 25 mph, 3rd gear seems too sluggish but 2nd makes me feel like I need to shift. without a tach I cant really tell where im at
dont ride in 3rd at 25mph.
Victorys like to rev

·
Registered
12,149 Posts
Blueoper, I've heard it so many times; I don't want to hurt my engine by over revving it. You can not hurt a motorcycle engine by using higher revs, but it does the engine no good to schlogg it around in a gear so low that you are lugging it. You have no throttle control when lugging - not much happens when you move the throttle. Conversely, if you are using higher revs, move the throttle and you easily accelerate or decelerate - much more control. Watch these videos Grasshopper....
https://www.youtube.com/user/CaptCrashIdaho

·
Registered
307 Posts
Welcome from N. Alabama. I always ride mine in 2nd (Vision tour) at 25. My first thought is to get the heck outta the 25 zone..... Like the man said brother, Ride it like you stole it....

·
12,970 Posts
blueoper

scrood down and put in information and read about your bike. It sounds like you don't have the owners book. Keep in mind most of the time Ness only means different paint and some other small things

Download Owners Manuals | Victory Motorcycles

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
thanks for the advice guys. at first I was a little hesitant to hit the interstate, but after that first time then I realized what I was missing. I live in wv so we also have some highways that are twisty and up and down which is a lot of fun to ride also. it is hard to not ride it like ya stole it, ya know?

·
Registered
18 Posts
I'd like to ride mine like I stole it but my wife is learning to ride my old kawasaki so I have to ride it like one of those scooters the college kids ride around.

·
Registered
12,149 Posts
I'd like to ride mine like I stole it but my wife is learning to ride my old kawasaki so I have to ride it like one of those scooters the college kids ride around.
You do know to place her in FRONT of you and you ride her ride. I know women who have given up trying to learn to ride because their guys forced them to have to keep up following them. I always place less experienced riders in the front - another benefit of that is being able to see their flaws and commenting on them. Good luck with the wife, she'll learn best at HER speed. Here's a great site...

·
Registered
307 Posts
You said it

You do know to place her in FRONT of you and you ride her ride. I know women who have given up trying to learn to ride because their guys forced them to have to keep up following them. I always place less experienced riders in the front - another benefit of that is being able to see their flaws and commenting on them. Good luck with the wife, she'll learn best at HER speed. Here's a great site...

RICZ:You said it brother. Never thought of it but that is spot on. What the heck....You got guts enough to marry 'em you got guts enough to teach 'em right. The whole point is you WANT them to ride with you....Great stuff. You can always ride like you stole it later.....But watch it because she may just get that way herself....:devil

1 - 17 of 17 Posts