Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just bought a 2000 v92c.

Don't worry before you let me know about the transmission problems I already did my research.

The bikes transmission was repaired in july of 2003 for "shift shaft/forks/drum bent"

I took a look at the speed sensor and from what I can tell (looking straight at the gear) it has been upgraded to a 2003+ transmission.

The mileage is off, odometer shows 4400 when actual mileage is around 22k but that was made clear before I bought the bike.

The dealership will be delivering in the next couple of days, I ran out of time and they needed to verify that all recalls had been completed before letting me leave.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Also have a question about exhaust if someone has a second.

Might sound crazy but coming from an FZ6 the v92 is really loud to me. The one I bought has slip on pipes, I was wondering if someone could point me in the direction of something cheap that would bring the noise down a bit.

·
Administrator
5,947 Posts
Also have a question about exhaust if someone has a second.

Might sound crazy but coming from an FZ6 the v92 is really loud to me. The one I bought has slip on pipes, I was wondering if someone could point me in the direction of something cheap that would bring the noise down a bit.
Welcome aboard and congrats on your new ride.

I would suggest swapping your slip-ons with someone else's stock mufflers. Perhaps the other party could pay for the shipping, since they're upgrading their pipes, and you're downgrading. Before you can do that, you'll have to figure out what slip-ons you have. If you don't know, try taking pictures and posting them - someone will help you identify them.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the advice, I will post pictures as soon as the bike is delivered.

You would of been amazed at the look I got when I said

Me: "Is there a way to make it not so loud, I don't want to be that guy everyone hates"

Salesman: "trust me, yes you do"

Me: "no...I really don't."

·
Registered
229 Posts
Welcome!!! thumb up

1 - 6 of 6 Posts