Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,699 Posts
Welcome to the Victory Forums and congrats on your decision to consider Victory!

The Hard B and High B are 2 completely different machines that share nothing other than the same powertrain. If you are a city/short trip rider with no plans to travel and rarely carry a passenger the High B may be the ticket. If you want to ride longer trips, carry a passenger or use the bike as a bad-assed grocery getter the Hard B fits better.

You really should ride both before you start dwelling on one or the other because they ride completely different too. One is heavy in low speed, one isn't really good for the heavy (limited suspension). These bikes sell themselves so one will sing your song and the other will be just ok.

Get a demo ride and if possible try to make it to one of the dealership demo days. When the demo truck is there they usually give you a coupon for $1000 in free accessories that you can use if you buy within a couple of weeks.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thank you I have been drooling over the Highball for a long while and I have only seen the Hardball in videos never in person.

·
Registered
2,699 Posts
Where are you located? Are there any Victory dealers near you?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I am in West Covina CA. There is a Dealer that sells Victory amongst other brands but I am not aware of any that offer test rides

·
Registered
2,699 Posts
Most Victory dealers encourage demo rides because they know these bikes sell themselves better than any salesman can. You should stop by at least or even better check the link below to see if the demo truck is going to a dealer near you. Demo days are the best because the truck brings in at least 2 of every model and they give you a coupon for doing a demo. The coupon is good for $1000 in dealer cash that you'll be allowed to spend if you buy within 2 weeks.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Well just found out that they are coming to the Dealer where I purchased my VTX and I will be there thank you. Until I ride one what are the major differences in the Hardball and Highball other than the Hard bags?

·
Registered
2,699 Posts
The only thing that's the same between the models is the powertrain and the fact that they both have apes. Here's some of the major differences:

High B - mid size cruiser, tube frame, no bags, passenger pegs/seat optional.
Hard B- mid level tourer, cast frame, big bags, passenger ready.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts