Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Finally got her home last night. Between arranging a trailer and snow storms we made it home safe and sound.

2008 Vegas premium...
The first pic how i took delivery, the 2nd pic, is after removing some accessories...debadging happens today, new shotgun pipes ordered before i even got it home. already has stage 1 install, so i will just ride it like this until next winter and then do a full intake and PCV.

It also has 2" pull back bars, and foot controls "relocate" but they don't seem to do anything but space your feet outwards?

Attachments

·
Registered
427 Posts
Hopefully you didn't get victory pipes. Nice looking bike grab a 1/4 throttle and a timing wheel.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hopefully you didn't get victory pipes. Nice looking bike grab a 1/4 throttle and a timing wheel.
Unfortunately I ended up going with the victory stage 1 shotgun pipes. The bike is already setup and mapped for stage 1 but the original owner converted back the the stock pipes. So picked up a brand new set on ebay from a dealer they had in the showroom as leftovers. I picked them up cheap. From what i saw on the dyno sheets on lloydz website the various exhausts werent getting the biggest HP gains, it was more with the intakes and air box.

·
Registered
427 Posts
Just saw what you paid in the other thread. You could get a better exhaust for that price trust me. look at the guys with the big mods
HC, etc you will never see them running the vic stuff. Mine came already on the bike when I bought it used and I did modify them. They sound and breathe better but if I was paying money I would get something else.

·
Premium Member
4,498 Posts
Good looking bike! You can always sell the shotguns later for a decent buck. Lots of people don't want loud ass pipes but want something with a bit more rumble than stock.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Good looking bike! You can always sell the shotguns later for a decent buck. Lots of people don't want loud ass pipes but want something with a bit more rumble than stock.
I know i could have gotten "better" aftermarkets for a similar price but they are usually much louder. The cops have been really cracking down on loud pipes in recent years so I can't go too loud. I had Stage 1 pipes on my 04 Vegas, so i am hoping these shotguns will be slightly louder than those.

·
Premium Member
4,498 Posts
The shotguns are the loudest of the Vic pipes I think... I like the looks of them as well. For the price you paid I think you did ok. I wonder if you can change the baffles in the shotguns? I know some guys did it on there swept Vic pipes.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
stripped down, new shotgun pipes installed...sounds awesome. I don't know why everyone wanted me to go any other route for the price i was quite impressed?

Attachments

·
Premium Member
126 Posts
Nice looking Vegas, congrats. I have always liked the shotgun pipes, but the important thing is you need to like them, and it sounds like you do. Enjoy your new ride.

·
Registered
427 Posts
They do look good on the bike and as long as you're happy with them to hell with what anyone else thinkscheers

·
Premium Member
6,072 Posts
C
O
O
L
Color and super cool bike my friend... Be safe out there

·
Registered
71 Posts
Beautiful bike sweet deal congrats.
Don't get offended about comments on the pipes, a lot of folks spent their hard earned $$ on Vic stage 1 looking for performance gains only to be highly disappointed and they don't want to see a fellow rider do the same.

·
Registered
329 Posts
They do look good on the bike and as long as you're happy with them to hell with what anyone else thinkscheers

+1... I've had a few tell me to go more chrome or do this and that. My bike is MINE. Bike looks good

1 - 20 of 25 Posts