Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wanted to say hello to everyone and say thanks for all the helpful tips and advice.

·
Administrator
5,947 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Heading to East Tennessee/ west North Carolina to go ride the Tail of the Dragon this weekend. Coming from Dallas and not knowing that area, what others roads and good places to eat should we try out? We are staying I. Dillsboro, NC.

Sent from my Motorcycle iPhone app

·
Registered
12,150 Posts
Diamond, the Dragon is gonna be a zoo on a weekend. OK, do it for the bragging rights, but there are many other roads in that neck-of-the-woods that are more enjoyable due to less (or no) traffic and enforcement. Eyeball a map, Google MC roads in the area and when there, talk to locals. We have friends in northern Georgia and love to go there for the roads that rival the Alps. Re good places to eat; look for signs that read "BBQ." Have fun and report back.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I kinda thought that it might be busy this weekend but I wanted to ride out that way before it got too hot. I was thinking about trying to ride up to Gatlinburg on hwy 441. If time allows even ride the Cherohala Skyway. Thanks for the advice and we will be looking for the BBQ signs along the way.

·
Registered
2,699 Posts
Welcome to the Victory Forums, what are you riding? Have fun and be safe on your trip!

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I have a 2010 cross country. I posted a pic of it in the cross country forum but they were small. It has a kewlmetal rake kit, 23" ness 3G front wheel, ness chubby bars, comfort deep cut grips and mirrors, Rick Fairless customs floorboards, d&d's, and a Cadillac diamond white pearl paint job.

·
Registered
17 Posts
441 is an excursion into hell, once you hit Pigeon Forge on the weekend. It took me an hour to go 7 miles, in solid, bumper to bumper traffic last month. roll 10 feet, stop, inhale the fumes from the cages boxing you in, revel in the heat of your engine, combining with the sun, and the reflected heat off the road, rinse, repeat...I would never voluntarily do it again.

In the same general area, I can highly recommend jumping onto the Ocoee, and riding that. Probably going to be busy, but still an amazing ride. The road over Blood Mountain into Helen, Georgia is nice, as is the Richard B Russell Parkway near Helen.

Basically, it is hard to find a bad road in NC, Ga, or TN in the mountains. I have family down there, so I am down there often, and rarely plan a ride. Just hit the bike and ride. Did just under 400 miles in a 12 hour day, my last trip, and other than 64, I couldn't tell you which roads I was on. 321 is a nice ride as well, in the Gatlinburg area.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks for all the help and advice. I will take your advice and stay away from 441 and try to stay around southern NC and TN.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Hello everyone, I ride a 2005 vegas that i have chopped and lowered. hope to get alot of good information on rides and tech.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts