Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
848 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi I new to the forums. Looking at purchasing a New XCT in the very near future.

cheers
Squatch.

·
Registered
848 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Second Post as per the rules......

Looking to add a Victory XCT to my collection. Been riding a 2005 Gold Wing for the past years and 80K miles. Road a XCT a couple of months ago and am Sold on it.

cheers
Squatch.

·
Registered
2,699 Posts
Welcome to the Victory Forums! We have a few ex-wingers on here and I'm pretty sure most have XCTs now.

·
Registered
848 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks, figured this would be a good place to start with a few questions.

I have been riding for more years than I care to remember and ridden all kinds of stuff. Current ride is a 05 Wing with a traxxion suspension upgrade. Last year Ihad to go thru the transmission due some real issues withthe factory design/production. I have never had a Honda Transmission go bad until this Bike.

So I have been looking for a new ride, on a dare Rode a XCT, Wow!

So Now for the questions, What kind of issues does the XCT have, things that need upgrading, stay away from, or Known issues and be prepared for.....
I might add I am not a loud pipe guy and I do ride long distances 400 to 500 miles day are the norm.

Some of the options I am looking at are:

Either the factory CB or a J&M unit with intercom, Yes we actually like talking to each other on the bike.
The J&M unit has a hi/lo power out selection intercom and aux in(GPS) only thing is it is a bar mount set. The Factor set is integrated but I hat where and how the mount the antenna.

Heated seats

Garmin Zumo navigation

Additional Lighting forward to include a set of Fog Lights.

My Wing has HID's in both the hi, low and fog/driving lights and what a difference that makes for visibility.

Thought and comments are quite welcome.

cheers
Squatch.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts