Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Good day all.

New to the forum. I've been a Harley guy since I can remember. Been bikeless (sold my HD to help relocate to AZ) for 16 months. Getting any so I have been looking at bikes. Lottery choice (once I win) would be a Magnum X1. Realistically I'm looking at an Octane or older HD softail or RK. Still haven't decided. They are all around same price.

Looking forward to lurking for awhile and gathering info.

·
Premium Member
6,013 Posts
Welcome mate, in that area are there any test ride ? Victory or octane ??

TaPaTaLk for VIC forum

·
Registered
28 Posts
Seems I am always seeing videos of bike demo's from AZ so I would think it wouldn't be hard to go ride some. The Octane is a little "smallish" I have to say. At 6'1 I look a little silly on it. The XC or Magnum is much larger. There are some smokin deals out there on used XC's, thats how I got mine. Good luck in the search!!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I was able to ride both an Octane and a Magnum at Bike Fest a few weeks ago. First rides in about 4+ years. Octane was a blast. Very quick. Fit good (I'm only 5'5"). I was pretty stretched out on the Magnum (missed shifting into 2nd because I didn't quite reach the shifter). Right now its a finance issue keeping mw from the Magnum. Figure get a cheaper bike and trade up in a couple of years.

·
Premium Member
6,013 Posts
Yup 6' & 3" here and nooo problemo fitting on a jackpot

TaPaTaLk for VIC forum

·
Registered
222 Posts
Welcome from the high desert of So-Cal. If you're thinking Vic, but on a budget, look for an older used Victory. Luckily, they don't hold their value, but they do hold up very well mechanically. You can probably pick up a used Vegas or Kingpin in good condition for $6-7k, maybe less. And I highly recommend the Kingpin.

·
Registered
12,146 Posts
If you are entertaining a RK, then by all means seek out a used Cross Roads. I tried the RK when I was shopping for a cruiser bagger and it couldn't hold a candle to the Cross Roads on any level. There's a low seat height and the foot controls are adjustable for fore and aft movement and if that's not enough, a saddle customizer can move you closer to the bars. Note that I have no brand loyalties, I am a whore who rides what works best for me at the time. My inseam is on the short side, I'm a three time cancer survivor and I'm in my 80th year and do ALL my own work on my bike as they are so easy to work on, starting with one drain plug and an oil filter at the back of the engine that doesn't puke all over. In 6 years, there have been no problems and the dealer's shop has never seen my bike. Want more power? Mods are cheap, very easy and get great results compared to Harley. Dare I say you'd be foolish not to give a Cross Roads a try? See my sig for mods that cost me no more than $600.

·
Registered
71 Posts
I'm 5'5" also, and have ridden vegas, kingpin, and cross country w/o trunk. I liked the cc and would prefer it over the others if i did more traveling on the super slabs but at this time i dont. The kingpin just feels like it fits, has the ability to be set up for long hauls, but I mostly ride on short runs so it is naked most of the time and hauls the mail with bolt ons alone, it's a very versatile bike.
Determine what kind of riding you will be doing most of the time to decide the bike, you can't go wrong with any of them.

Good luck and welcome to the forum.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts