Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
New to the site and looking at getting either the Cross Country Tour or the Vision Tour.
Quick question, I have read a lot about the vibrations you get with the XC/CC and XCT/CCT with the fairing rightside saddlebags and other parts of the bike... Is/are there any major vibrations in the Victory Vision Tour other than the normal vibrations that comes with any bike?

Thanks
Mike

·
Premium Member
728 Posts
Welcome, best way to decide is to sample the bikes your interested in...:)

·
Registered
586 Posts
Test riding the CC bikes, I did not like the turbulence with standard windshields. Rode the demo truck driver's CC with a Klockwerks windshield and it was much better. Didn't like the low speed handling of fork mounted fairing. My decision was to go with the Vision.

·
Registered
1,414 Posts
Welcome to the forum.
The Vision and the cross bikes all have exactly the same engine and transmission so vibrations will be the same regardless of model.
On the other hand the XC right side bag is having a problem with the latch wearing that does not seem to be an issue on a Vision. It has nothing to do with vibrations as such but is a design latch weakness that has a known cure, opening up the space so that it does not cause wear. The Vision also has a known weakness in the back part of the front fairing that none of the other models seem to have. Every model has its unique issues but none of them are very serious in terms of deciding what you like best. Get out and test ride a Victory or 3 and decide for yourself which is a good fit for you.

·
Registered
784 Posts
Ever buy a car with rattles? Ever find vibrations or shudder in and auto? Something didn't work or work right?
The point is, anything that is put together from multiple parts can have all the above, and forums are the place for folks to gripe, learn, ask questions, and find solutions. Don't let the doom and gloom sway you too much. Both bikes are fine, great riders, and yes have some problems. Belts are the culprit in many of the vibration problems. Rattles? Take it and get it corrected or do it yourself. It is advisable to know your Vic, or any MC for that matter, well enough to do simple things. Maintain it well and it seems to go.
I have had the saddlebag wear on the latch. Why is it only the right one? Ah the things that keep you up at night. LOL Took a whole 5 minutes to fix, and it was done before it became a problem, broke.
Ride them in tough conditions. That is what we did. I agree with a lot on both camps of Vision and XCT, and disagree with some other things. I found what works for me, as you should do.

Happy shopping.

·
Registered
209 Posts
I rode a '14 CCT and a used '09 Vision .
I chose the Vision because the frame mounted fairing made steering easier. The CC has more storage space but I didn't feel I needed all of it and what the Vision offered was more than adequate for my needs.
I also liked the swoopy design more than the 'standard' look of the cct.
The cct owners can correct me but I think the frames are different in that the vision uses a cast aluminum backbone that also serves as the airduct to the injector intake. More rigid that the tubular steel frame of the cct.
A rigid frame is the beginning of a smooth ride.

·
Premium Member
4,178 Posts
cross country has a similar frame as in its aluminum like the vision.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
I have rode both along with a few others. Just looking at down the road after a few 1000 miles, As for my riding, mostly Japanese with two Harley's one 1959 Pan head Chopped and a 1980 fully dressed Elec. Glide, and One BSA 1965 and a 1971 Triumph. I left ride because of the kids and now they are all gone and thru college and want to get back into ride again. but mostly rode rides.

That being said, I appreciate all input and help.

Thanks Again,

Ride Safe and Have Fun, If you can't ride safely make sure you're having fun.

Mike

Update,,, I just read this post again and had to laugh, I just had a surgery two days ago on my left hand/arm. My ulnar Bone was too long and needed to be shorten a few CM. So read the above type and LOL with me. So you Kids see the effects of "HYDROCO/APAP10-500 MG" will do to ya... But I do feel a lot better than OK.

You guys take care and have fun.

Mike

·
Premium Member
9,684 Posts
Welcome to the forum , Mike . cheers

·
Registered
1,414 Posts
I have rode both along with a few others. Just looking at down the road after a few 1000 miles, As for my riding, mostly Japanese with two Harley's one 1959 Pan head Chopped and a 1980 fully dressed Elec. Glide, and One BSA 1965 and a 1971 Triumph. I left ride because of the kids and now they are all gone and thru college and want to get back into ride again. but mostly rode rides.

That being said, I appreciate all input and help.

Thanks Again,

Ride Safe and Have Fun, If you can't ride safely make sure you're having fun.

Mike
I only have 20k on my 2013 Vision so far but it is as nice a people say it is. I have done quite a few 500+ miles days in the saddle with almost no effort. Stop for gas every 200 miles or so and I try to also gas up when I stop for lunch although it often doesn't need it. On a distance ride with my wife she likes to stretch her legs about every 100 to 150 miles so that can mean extra stops but the bike just keeps on working.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I only have 20k on my 2013 Vision so far but it is as nice a people say it is. I have done quite a few 500+ miles days in the saddle with almost no effort. Stop for gas every 200 miles or so and I try to also gas up when I stop for lunch although it often doesn't need it. On a distance ride with my wife she likes to stretch her legs about every 100 to 150 miles so that can mean extra stops but the bike just keeps on working.
Thanks OldMan,

Mike cheers

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Out of all the bikes out there, I have narrowed it down to two the CCT or the VVT. I really like the looks of the VVT and have read about some having problems with the front fender. but the CCT has a lot of storage and it own issues. So lucky for me, I have A few months to make up my mine cause I have a cast on and will not be doing any riding for awhile..

Better go, because I can feel the drugs taking over again.:crzy: :D.. Lucky Me..

Guys & Girls best of the world for you and your's..

Mike
cheers

·
Premium Member
6,076 Posts
New to the site and looking at getting either the Cross Country Tour or the Vision Tour.
Quick question, I have read a lot about the vibrations you get with the XC/CC and XCT/CCT with the fairing rightside saddlebags and other parts of the bike... Is/are there any major vibrations in the Victory Vision Tour other than the normal vibrations that comes with any bike?

Thanks
Mike
W
E
L
C
O
M
E

Enjoy the holidays

·
Registered
307 Posts
2013 Vision in Red

Small issues aside I picked the Vision (in red of course) first because of the look then the ride. The ride is incredible. I've not ridden a CCT so I can't say. Ride 'em, pick one and go. You can't go wrong.

·
Premium Member
6,076 Posts
Congratulation, Christmas present >> did it fit under the tree ?? :ltr:

many time I borrow a Vision from my friend, and it rides incredible, better then any bike I tested before....

+1 thumb up

·
Registered
9 Posts
Welcome,
I rode a 2005 Kingpin for a year then picked up a new 2013 Vision in April this year. Fit me perfectly, right out of the box. Have zero mods except for a backrest and I haven't really used the backrest much. Took it for a trip cross country, 10770 kms. Zero mechanical or comfort issues. I'm 6'2", 180 lbs. My wife liked the backseat on the Vision better, and I really enjoy the handling.

·
Registered
141 Posts

Thanks
Mike
I owned a 2012 XCT for over one year. Now have a 2009 Vision I liked both bikes. It took a while for me to get use to the look of the Vision when they first came out I did not like them. I've rode them at dealer tests. I bought the XCT because I got a great deal on it from a dealer who does not sell Victory bikes and had took it in on trade May 22, 2013. On Aug 10, 2014 I crashed it on on the Dragon tail totaling it. Riding gear saved my life. I bought the 09 Vision because it was to good a deal to pass up, low miles good looking great color. Stage 1 exhust. They both rode very nice the bags and truck on the XCT hold more. cheers

1 - 20 of 20 Posts