Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all a new victory owner here. I've been riding bikes off and on for almost 30yrs. And they have been Goldwings. Never again, too many bad experiences with Honda dealerships. Anyway I am the proud owner of a 2013 Vision just picked it up on the19th. and just love it. it's a totally different experience from all the Goldwings I've had(four of them). It's going to take some getting use to all the different sounds and feel of it but I can do it. got over 700klms.on it all ready, that's pretty good for me. Anyway just dropping a line to say hello and proud to be a victory owner.

·
Registered
1,365 Posts
Welcome aboard from another Canuck.

I've had pretty much every kinda street-tour type bike over the past 45 years but this is my first V-twin ... love everything about it. Last bike was an '03 Wing ... liked it but I really don't care to be driving a compact car on 2 wheels LOL

How long ya been in Melfort?

I lived there when I was 8 yrs old for about a year or so.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
new to vic.

Know what ya mean, my last wing was a 2012,loaded to the nuts ,more stuff on it then my car. took a vision out on demo days and fell in love lol. I've been in Melfort for going on six yrs. came from PA but originally from Kinistino.

·
Super Moderator
6,378 Posts
Welcome from CT

·
Registered
1,365 Posts
I've been in Melfort for going on six yrs.
DOH on me ... guess my age is having an effect on memory. It wasn't Melfort where I lived, it was Tisdale which isn't very far and we used to travel to Melfort a lot coz my step-dad was a race car driver in those days.

Anyhoo, I imagine there's been a lot of changes over the years. In Tisdale, for example, many folk did not have indoor plumbing in those days and I can remember the "****-wagon" going around town picking up the you-know-what barrels from all the houses ... and they were horse and buggy LOL

·
Registered
81 Posts
DOH on me ... guess my age is having an effect on memory. It wasn't Melfort where I lived, it was Tisdale which isn't very far and we used to travel to Melfort a lot coz my step-dad was a race car driver in those days.

Anyhoo, I imagine there's been a lot of changes over the years. In Tisdale, for example, many folk did not have indoor plumbing in those days and I can remember the "****-wagon" going around town picking up the you-know-what barrels from all the houses ... and they were horse and buggy LOL
Tisdale, Land of Rape and Honey.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts