Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
So I have been the proud owner of a 2003 TC for the last 15 years, purchased it new off the showroom floor. Love my bike but I have a couple of questions. I dropped my gas cap on concrete and it shattered beyond repair. Is there a less costly option than the $125+ oem cap from Victory?

Update
So I used the guts from a Walmart gas cap Stant #10819 and with a little fiddling it fit. Cap is now fixed and back on the bike. Cost was $7. Saved over $120 with this fix. I tried to post a more detailed response but for some reason it won't post.

·
Registered
1,258 Posts
Not certain if they have one for your model but have you looked at Ness gas caps? They have been running 50% off. So less than OEM.

Also check with Paulie in vendor area he might have a better price than what you're finding.

·
Premium Member
6,030 Posts
I think it is KTM or Honda that has the same bolt patern .... So there only 50 $ or so .....

Andre using TaPaTaLk

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Gas Cap

Thanks for the info. Will check. Was able to pick up a black $10 cap from Autozone that will get me through until I locate a more permanent fix. Doesn't have the same diameter as the top of the OEM cap but has the same width and thread pattern. Fits fine. Just don't want to pay in excess of $100 for a cap.

·
Registered
1,258 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Gas Cap

So sorry to sound like an uniformed dolt. My "Victory" cap is fine and in good condition so I can still use it, it is the plastic "screw in" part that has broken. I still have the spring. Where exactly do I find a replacement screw in part?

·
Registered
1,258 Posts
1 - 7 of 7 Posts