Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm dipping my foot in semi-synthetic oil here! Took the plunge today and purchased a super clean 02 v92 deluxe! Kindof concerned with the driveline "snatching" at low speed throttle application…My previous UJM's were butter-smooth :(
Picture coming soon…with LOTS of questions
Thank you all

·
Registered
784 Posts
What (I think) you are feeling is drive-line lash. Probably nothing to worry about, but could be and not really dx-able over the interweb.
Don't dump the throttle at low speeds. Yea easier to say than do, but use the clutch to slip it a little until you get used to it.

Not really a V-twin only occurrence, but it could be amplified without the extra cylinders, not familiar with your last choice of ride. This is my first twin as well and it took some getting used to. Kind of mechanical, and has quirks I wasn't used to. I don't notice most of them now, unless I get on something else.

If it bothers you or you think it is a real problem, have someone check it. Much easier in real life.

Ride Safe a.nd Congrats on the new ride

·
Registered
12,320 Posts
Are the belt and the throttle and clutch cables properly adjusted. If they aren't, that can be your problem.

·
Registered
12,320 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,967 Posts
I'm dipping my foot in semi-synthetic oil here! Took the plunge today and purchased a super clean 02 v92 deluxe! Kindof concerned with the driveline "snatching" at low speed throttle application…My previous UJM's were butter-smooth :(
Picture coming soon…with LOTS of questions
Thank you all
UJM...Univeral Japanese Motorcycle, I take that to mean your average across the frame four cylinder?...yeah worlds apart...half a world literally.
keep the revs up a bit and she'll be right

·
Registered
12,320 Posts
That's good advice from MBX. Don't short shift, use revs above 2,500, better yet, 3,000 RPMs. Don't baby it, that does more harm than good.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts