Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am having problems with jacking my bike. I purchased a jack from HF and returned it. Not so much about the jack but the uneven jacking points under the bike whats up with that. I am at a loss for ideas don't care for wooden block solution any suggestions? I was think about Whitchdoctor.com has a skid plate for the under the motor making it flat wondering if anyone here as tried it?

·
Registered
12,148 Posts
Slam, the critical dimension (as seen in the top photo) is 1" between the bottom of the block and the bottom of the radius. The block is 1" thick and is 3" long X 2" high. I used plastic, but one can be made of wood if the grain goes lengthwise. I'm no longer making them cuz they were a slow seller and I had to make many to keep the unit cost low.

·
Premium Member
12,987 Posts
Is the radius a 1" hole Ric? Seems like you can make two from one piece of wood by drilling the correct size hole then cutting it in half. Great idea BTW!

For the OP... I have a skid plate made by a different manufacturer and I must say I like it a lot for two reasons. Ease of lifting the bike and knowing I have some protection under there for the bottom of the engine. It really should come stock with them or at least as an option. The aluminum ones from Witchdoctors are better than the solid steel one I have due to both design and weight.

·
Registered
12,148 Posts
Yes and yes, that's how they are made. A 3 X 3 X 1 block, drill a 1" hole in the center, saw into two pieces.

·
Registered
281 Posts
Headin to the shop!! Simple and free... Two of my favorite things!

·
Super Moderator
6,371 Posts
I have one of the blocks RICZ made and on an inexpensive scissor lift that bike was rock solid. Changed my rear tire this autumn and used it. Much better than lifting the whole bike.

·
Premium Member
8,707 Posts
Mine balances quite well enough to remove both front fork tubes.
I was a bit iffy at first but it didnt go anywhere.
For $87?Aust it was a bargain

1 - 9 of 9 Posts