Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,533 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been looking to move from my Honda 750 to a real bike for the last year. Spent too many hours to count doing research on bikes. Mostly Harley vs Victory. Today I pulled the trigger and ordered a new Kingpin. Has to be shipped in from out of state dealer. I'm excited.

·
Administrator
5,947 Posts
I've been looking to move from my Honda 750 to a real bike for the last year. Spent too many hours to count doing research on bikes. Mostly Harley vs Victory. Today I pulled the trigger and ordered a new Kingpin. Has to be shipped in from out of state dealer. I'm excited.
Good choice. Congrats and welcome aboard.

·
Registered
2,699 Posts
Congrats and welcome! I hope your research pans out as well as it has for many happy Victory owners (myself included) has!

·
Premium Member
12,979 Posts
Excellent choice but then I'm kinda biased. :D

By the way; the Honda 750 IS a real bike. I can remember when they were one of the bigger ones available on the market before engine size started going through the roof. The Honda 750 Four was a very sought after bike in its day.

I hope you can hang on to your KP even when the day comes for you to want something a bit heavier for touring; if you're into that at all. Not that the KP can't handle touring; it can but there are some good bikes that happen to be better at.

I'd ride either of my Pin's across country in a minute if I needed to. I'd just need a back rest, windshield, and some way to hold the throttle to give my right hand a break once in a while.

·
Premium Member
5,632 Posts
By the way; the Honda 750 IS a real bike. I can remember when they were one of the bigger ones available on the market before engine size started going through the roof.
Notice how that trend is subsiding? No more VTX1800. No more Vulcan 2000. Seems that people are figuring out that there is more to motorcycling than going fast in a straight line.

To the OP, you bought one of the last of great cruiser line that goes fast in any direction you please. Enjoy the hell outta of it!

·
Registered
1,533 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thank you guys for the warm welcome, I appreciate it. This is a great forum...a lot of my research came from this forum. Anyway, to answer some of the replys on here...the color is the pearl white and silver. I was set on the color when I went to the dealer. As far as longer trips...I did order a few extras to try to make longer rides more comfortable. I ordered stage 1 exhaust, quick lock windshield, hard side bags, touring seat with his and hers back rests and electronic cruise control. I figured that wold be a pretty good start and I can always modify later.
The dealer really wanted me to go for something on the floor but I wouldn't budge...had to be the Kingpin and had to be pearl and silver. After I signed the papers with the dealer I showed him just how set on that bike I was. I showed him my arm, where I had this specific bike incorporated into the sleeve my tattoo guy has been working on for the last month. :) I been drooling over this bike for a long time. I set out looking for my dream bike...I found no other bike that would be better for me than this so I printed a photo of it and took it to the tattoo shop. lol I probably should have made sure I could get the bike first THEN get the tattoo but everything worked out and I'm an extremely happy man! cheers

·
Premium Member
12,979 Posts
Those are good shots. The blue and tan was a nice combo. Looks like the same tan on the white and tan one but they look so different - but also alike.

Notice I changed the name of my Pin's in my sig line. Fraternal Pin's. :D Both 04's but very different. They even sound very different.

·
Registered
1,533 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I love the look with the solo seat but my wife wouldn't be comfortable riding on the rear fender.

Sure, I'll post a pic of the tattoo when it's done. I have an appointment Wednesday to finish it up. Right now all the lines, shading and about 1/3 of the color is done. I've had two sessions of about 4 hours each. A couple more hours of ink and it'll be finished. (not the entire bike is showing...from the seat forward, the rest is hidden by smoke from the rear...but you can see the stage 1 exhaust) I'll come back to this thread and post. I pick my bike up on the 13th so I'll post a pic of it too when it comes in.

·
Premium Member
12,979 Posts
Yeah. Sometimes you can get a drunk hottie to ride for a short distance on a fender but never a wife. :D

Someone makes pillion pads with suction cups. I've been toying with the idea of getting one of those for one of the Pin's and keep it in the saddlebag when not actually using it but I'm not out cruzin' for chicks at my age and rarely catch them anyway so that's probably a waste of money for me. ;)

·
Premium Member
4,872 Posts
Smart man to buy the KP...

Sent from my iPhone using MO Free

·
Premium Member
4,872 Posts
Notice how that trend is subsiding? No more VTX1800. No more Vulcan 2000. Seems that people are figuring out that there is more to motorcycling than going fast in a straight line.
None of those bruiser cruisers were about going fast in a straight line. If they were, they would have been quicker/faster in a straight line and weighed less than a truck.

Sent from my iPhone using MO Free

1 - 15 of 15 Posts