Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im excited to pick up my new bike this week. I have been riding a Honda CBR for awhile and felt its time to get a cruiser. The styling is like none other and the technology is top notch. Any advice for a newbie would be appreciated. Also, any accessories I should look for if I want to go for moderate rides (2-3 hrs)?

·
Registered
18 Posts
I got my Vegas about 1 month ago, and after taking it out of state a few times, my thought is a wind shild. I dont care for the look of one much, but wow does it get hard to hold on after a wile.:D

·
Registered
100 Posts
Windshield. Memphis Shades Big Shot works well and looks good on the bike. Easy to remove when not needed.

Seat. At minimum a Kingpin tour drivers and passenger setup, the best comfort and looks is a Mustang. The Kingpin and Vegas seats are interchangeable.

Luggage rack. The Vic solo rack for the Vegas looks good and is very functional.
If you are going to ride 2up, look into Oak Creek Cycle Works. They have a solo/2up system that looks nice and offers the best of both worlds.
The Oak Creek rack will work with the Mustang seat where the Vic one will not.

The 06-07 bikes have a less complicated fuel injection system and are easily modified.
An S&S intake with the 2005 Hammer download map and some decent pipes will make good power without breaking the bank.

Good luck and enjoy the ride.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts