Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just purchased a 2008 Victory Vision from a local dealer. It has 10,000 miles on it. They assured me it was good to go and that they had put the last 1,000 miles on the bike after trade in.

I have competed a thorough detail on the bike. I noticed the exhaust has quite a bit of 'rust' on it (under the chrome facia) and that the aluminum structural components are showing quite a bit of oxidation as well.

Is there something I should do about this. I will disassemble the bike during the winter and polish and seal the aluminum.

Any service issues I should be aware of???:confused:

·
The Diamond
4,001 Posts
Welcome to the Victory Forums.

A few helpful pointers,

• Please take the time to read the “Sticky” threads in the “Victory Forums Rules and New Members Introductions” forum. This will help you out a LOT with the Victory Forums.

• The Search feature is your friend! You will find the answers to a lot of your questions by using it.

• If you are asking questions that are of a technical/mechanical/electrical/performance nature, please place them in the “Victory Tech and Performance” forum. This will speed up a response. Placing them in the model specific forum can delay a response.
Please add the year and model of your bike to your signature, so we know how to help when you ask a question!

·
The Diamond
4,001 Posts
About the only thing I can tell you is do not use one of the old Ipods that have the hard drive on the Vision.

It will destroy the hard drive. It has something to do with the harmonics of the bike.

The rust on the pipes is normal. However if you have to remove it as I suggested in another of your threads, use the Masters Formula. You can buy it from Cycleops.

If that doesn't remove it then you will need chrome or powdercoat.

·
13,003 Posts
Typical on the exhaust. Vic use really cheap steal.
Once it starts to rust your screwed. Sandpaper it and paint with VHT and then just wait for the mufflers to go away. Then replace but not with vic mufflers.
Vic mufflers will last a long time so don't go into a big panic.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts