Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
been lurking for a while and finally pulled the trigger. just purchased a 2015 cross country in suede white frost from coastal victory (hotvic) myrtle beach SC. had them install a 26 inch front wheel, 1.5 inch lowering link, and hotvic power cones. i am extremely happy with their professinalism and how the bike turned out. I havent taken it out once without getting compliments on it. i was nervous about the big front wheel, but it handles just fine. was going to go with a 23 , but was talked out of it by rusty jones himself down in myrtle beach. so glad i ran into him that night. was also worried a little about the lowering link causing rubbing while cornering, but havent had an issue yet. as soon as i figure out how to post pictures ill get some up. only had it a week and already need to do the 500 mile oil change/service. :Dcheers

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,501 Posts
Nice bike man!

·
Registered
227 Posts
Very nice ride! thumb up

Welcome to Victory, and to the forums.

D.

PS - Glad you can post pics now :D

·
12,970 Posts
Hope the belt was readjusted when the bike was lowered.

If you go fast out of driveway your exhaust pipes might bottom out.
Go slow

·
Premium Member
4,498 Posts
Hope the belt was readjusted when the bike was lowered.

If you go fast out of driveway your exhaust pipes might bottom out.

Go slow

You don't have to be going fast to bottom them out... Just take curbs and large speed bumps at angles and you will be fine.

·
Premium Member
119 Posts
Was your bike in Fayetteville today? Saw one just like it at the new Vic dealership.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
It would have to be a massive speed bump or curb to hit the tail pipe. It's only an inch and a half. Just enough to look better and easily flat foot. But not so drastic to cause issues. Need to pay attention when backing it in somewhere though.

Wasn't me in Fayetteville.

Thanks for all the positive replies. cheers

·
Premium Member
4,498 Posts
It would have to be a massive speed bump or curb to hit the tail pipe. It's only an inch and a half. Just enough to look better and easily flat foot. But not so drastic to cause issues. Need to pay attention when backing it in somewhere though.

Wasn't me in Fayetteville.

Thanks for all the positive replies. cheers

I am lowered 1.5" with a 21" up front and trust me it doesn't have to be a very large bump.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts