Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My old Honda VTX 1800 was the victim of a hit and run so I replaced it with the 2010 Cross Roads. I'll do a bunch of reading and probably ask too many questions.

1) What is the best head light bulb replacement?

2) How do I know which fairing is on my bike?

3) Can the passenger peg mounts be completely removed from the bike?

4) How is the stock seat compared to Ultimate or Mustang?

·
Registered
52 Posts
Welcome
1 still using stock here
2 believe you habe l have a cross Country of not then maybe a better pic of the fairing will help
3 yes
4 stock seat fits me nicely so haven't changed. From past bikes ultimate was really good for me, but preferred the mustang.

·
Registered
12,298 Posts
Post a couple replies and you are a full fledged forum member with all the privileges, rights and discounts we get. Plus the ability to post photos and we need photos of your bike so know exactly what it is you have and can answer your questions.

·
Registered
2,387 Posts
Definitely a XR and it looks like a Wide Open Customs fairing to me.

·
Registered
426 Posts
All I see is BEAUTIFUL! Congrats on such a sweet bike. Sorry I don't know anything about fairings :angel

·
Premium Member
9,684 Posts
Nice Whip ! Welcome to Victory .

·
Registered
427 Posts
Congrats and welcome! That is a sweet ride...I like the color! Regarding your seat question....I think the stock seat is really pretty good. I had no complaints. I did however replace it with a Victory touring seat. It's a little cushier and is heated to boot! I routinely go on 300-500 mile rides and my ass feels fine after....

·
Premium Member
8,946 Posts
Very nice XR...dunno about the fairing...not into em myself

·
Registered
308 Posts
Welcome

Welcome to victory. Fairing looks identical to a Memphis Shades batwing.

Ride safe, ride aware!:smile

·
Registered
12,298 Posts
Nicely equipped XR except for that sticking up license plate, but that can be cured by clicking the link below. Shameless self promotion.

·
Registered
12,298 Posts
Well, it started out as an XR but it's definitely a XC now and nice one at that. Always liked the Black Cherry color or whatever Vic calls it.
Its called Midnight Cherry, which reminds me of my high school days,or rather, nights. :)

·
Registered
216 Posts
I have looked at fairings some for my XR.
I agree that's a Wide Open Customs fairing.
If I do buy one, it will be from them!

As for the Headlight, I got the Vic LED (black). Very happy with it!

·
Registered
471 Posts
beautiful bike, good luck with it. I added an Ultimate seat, it was a huge improvement

·
Registered
483 Posts
Nicely equipped XR except for that sticking up license plate, but that can be cured by clicking the link below. Shameless self promotion.

Some of the local police agencies will tag you for an 'angled' plate or one of those side mounted 'vertical' tags. As I under stand it the law reads that the tag must be mounted "properly" . Which means as the OEM intended. Some officers are sticklers about it.

·
Registered
12,298 Posts
Some of the local police agencies will tag you for an 'angled' plate or one of those side mounted 'vertical' tags. As I under stand it the law reads that the tag must be mounted "properly" . Which means as the OEM intended. Some officers are sticklers about it.
Remind me not to travel to your neck-of-the-woods. We call those "hot pencil cops."

1 - 20 of 26 Posts