Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone.
I just purchased a 14 Cross Roads last weekend. So far I love it but I have a problem and a question.
The front and rear turn signals are acting as running lights. I understand the front should be like that but I am pretty sure that you shouldn’t run amber lights in the back.
Is this a Victory thing? Or did the previous owner mod this? I have tried to find red lenses to make it better and more legal but with no success.
If he did mod it, wear should I start to put it back to normal?
The “running” lights dont come on when turning the key on, they come on when flipping the kill switch to run which I thought was strange. Also the turn signals blink real fast like when you have a bulb out. Not sure if this is a Victory thing too.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.

·
Premium Member
13,699 Posts
It could be a module. Look for something like THIS under the seat or rear fender. You're right about not running amber for brake and running lights on the back end.

It could be a funky cross wiring too though; either on purpose or happenstance.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It could be a module. Look for something like THIS under the seat or rear fender. You're right about not running amber for brake and running lights on the back end.

Thanks for the reply.
Unfortunately I am away for a couple days for work. I will check it out this weekend and send a picture of it and the wiring on here and see what you think.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

Ok. Here is what it looks like.
The turn signals act like running lights once the kill switch is set to run. If I turn on a turn signal or the hazards they are at normal speed. Once I start the engine, the turn signal or flashers now go double the speed like a bulb is out in a car.
I don’t see the module you were referring to. But, there are 2 cut yellow wires on the right side. And a total of 3 harnesses not plugged into anything. (Maybe diagnostics plugs)
Let me know if you need more pics or info. Any help is greatly appreciated.
2E0A98C5-3DF3-48BB-8882-E88F8DB36B80.jpeg
DEF0AB34-D7A3-421E-8C02-884537A10B72.jpeg
21EC4B62-9F24-4C77-99B3-27D7E008D223.jpeg
343BDC80-2263-41B3-8A79-A2821532241E.jpeg

·
Registered
2012 Victory Cross Country Tour, Indianapolis
1,669 Posts
BBob has links to service manuals in his signature which include wire diagrams.

2E0A98C5-3DF3-48BB-8882-E88F8DB36B80~2.jpeg

Red is a relay that has been added.
Blue is the socket for it with wiring pigtail. You can buy these online.

I'd start there. You'll need the wiring diagrams to see what the wires that they have connected to but the turn signals do run through that bundle of wires I think. I'm not 100% sure I know they are under the seat.

Easiest thing just unplug the relay and see what happens. If everything else works and your turn signals act normal that is your source of the issue.

Reactions: BBob

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I'm not seeing anything that looks obvious. Electrical isn't my best area but there should be some checks you can do with a multimeter. Might be something in the service manual.
Thanks BBob, I'll keep trying to figure it out. And thanks for having all the manuals in your signature. I didn't even notice that until IndyVictory said it.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
BBob has links to service manuals in his signature which include wire diagrams

Red is a relay that has been added.
Blue is the socket for it with wiring pigtail. You can buy these online.

I'd start there. You'll need the wiring diagrams to see what the wires that they have connected to but the turn signals do run through that bundle of wires I think. I'm not 100% sure I know they are under the seat.

Easiest thing just unplug the relay and see what happens. If everything else works and your turn signals act normal that is your source of the issue.
Thanks Indy Victory.
I believe both of these relays have been added. If I unplug them everything else is fine and it kills the turns signals and the "running lights".
I'm trying to figure out how I can just get rid of the rear running lights and keep everything else the same. And of course get the turn signals back to the normal speed. I'll keep trying.

·
Registered
2012 Victory Cross Country Tour, Indianapolis
1,669 Posts
Most likely they cut some factory wiring to run through the relays. You'll just have to figure out what wires to repair.

Doesn't look like it will be too much searching around with it right there easy to access.

Good luck. :)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts