Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I dont even own a Victory. However I was asked to look in on the Victory riders. Im here asking which model generates the most posts and discomfort about the heat that one experiences on their inner thighs, especially when stuck in traffic. I manufacture the V-Twin Heat Deflectors for Harleys and Road Stars and am now looking into the Victory. RJ

·
Registered
112 Posts
Yeah I think until you get to 3 or 4 posts it won't let you post there. You should be able to PM people stillcheers

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yeah,... I was thinking the same thing. its like that on other forums too. Thanks again, RJ

QUOTE=HammerTime85;80726]Yeah I think until you get to 3 or 4 posts it won't let you post there. You should be able to PM people stillcheers[/QUOTE]

·
Premium Member
5,632 Posts
Im here asking which model generates the most posts and discomfort about the heat that one experiences on their inner thighs, especially when stuck in traffic.
The models ridden by riders wearing gym shorts.

·
Registered
102 Posts
I've been riding Vics since 06 and have owned 2 Vegas and my present bike an 11 XC. I have over 50,000 miles on Vics and have never had any heat issue. However, I live in Northern NYS and it does't get real warm here.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I'm on my 3rd Victory, #1 a '04 Vegas, #2 a '08 Kingpin, and presently a '12 High Ball. I live in Northern Indiana. Last weekend we had temps in the high 90's, I put on about 500 miles, and I did not experience any excessive heat from my engine. I think you need to look elsewhere, Vics just don't put out excessive heat.

·
Registered
122 Posts
I'm on my 3rd Victory, #1 a '04 Vegas, #2 a '08 Kingpin, and presently a '12 High Ball. I live in Northern Indiana. Last weekend we had temps in the high 90's, I put on about 500 miles, and I did not experience any excessive heat from my engine. I think you need to look elsewhere, Vics just don't put out excessive heat.
I agree. I live in MS and ride a Jackpot. I wear shorts alot in the summer months when I ride locally. Temps @ 95 + with high humidity it's just more comfortable. The heat that comes off the asphalt is much worse than the engine. These bikes are awesome!!

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
You guys are all talking about moving. Im asking when your setting at a stand still. I wouldnt be in here if I wasnt asked. Im still getting emails from individuals that want what I make. So until that changes. Your stuck with me. Now I understand all too well about heat issues. Ive been doing what I do for over 10 years. Anyways,... No matter what you do to your Victory. You will never get that rear cylinder to run under 120 degrees. The reason I point that temperature out is that 2nd degree burns start at 120 degrees. I know for myself. I can endure sitting over that temp, or even 212 or even 220. After that, anything higher starts to become uncomfortable. The product that I make. Its shape actually kicks more circulation back on the engines rear cylinder. I also make them to blend in with the scoots design and not looking like something that ya just added and sticks out like a sore thumb. Plus their not leather or plastic. Their aluminum and has a bonded marine vinyl surface that matches the grain of the seat. When I first made them for Harleys. My first few customers bought them for the looks only. That was in November and it wasnt till spring into summer that they had called me back and said that these things really work! So again I ask and so far it looks like its the 2012 Victory Cross Country Tour model owners that want what I make and I'm wondering if theres other models that would want it too. Im in Clinton, NC and am presently needing some one with a 2012 Victory Cross Country Tour that would ride over here for the day and let me make a new design. Ive no need to ride the bike. As a matter O fact. The guy that does allow me to make my patterns off their scoot. Will get a set of Heat Deflectors for free and installed. Also. My product is 100% American Made. Not even my materials are imported. So without anybody else chiming in to say that they dont have a heat problem. Just hold off on posting in here and allow the ones that are interested to post their models. Ive a lot to learn about the Victory motorcycle. I know nothing of their different models and Im sure I'll learn in here.

RJ

·
Premium Member
5,632 Posts
You guys are all talking about moving. Im asking when your setting at a stand still. I wouldnt be in here if I wasnt asked. Im still getting emails from individuals that want what I make. So until that changes. Your stuck with me. Now I understand all too well about heat issues. Ive been doing what I do for over 10 years. Anyways,... No matter what you do to your Victory. You will never get that rear cylinder to run under 120 degrees. The reason I point that temperature out is that 2nd degree burns start at 120 degrees. I know for myself. I can endure sitting over that temp, or even 212 or even 220. After that, anything higher starts to become uncomfortable. The product that I make. Its shape actually kicks more circulation back on the engines rear cylinder.
Sounds like a good idea.

The guy that does allow me to make my patterns off their scoot. Will get a set of Heat Deflectors for free and installed.
That's a nice offer. Good luck.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Cross Country Tour Heat Deflectors

Im back,... Finally after being asked again and again and finally finding a 2013 VCCT that I could design Heat Deflectors for. I will post more pictures this weekend and on Tuesday they will be in my Ebay store. This picture is only of the left side and its my prototype.

These are not made of leather or plastic. These are .040 aluminum and have a black vinyl bonded to it's surface. These are of the highest quality and are 100% American made.

RJ

1 - 13 of 13 Posts