Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all, just traded in my GSXR for my 2013 Highball. I gotta say I should have done this a long time ago! I fricken love this thing!!!!

I've been reading a ton of threads and I'm sure most any questions I have will be already answered. Looking forward to reading and riding!

Just wanted to say hi!!

Russ

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hey all, just traded in my GSXR for my 2013 Highball. I gotta say I should have done this a long time ago! I fricken love this thing!!!!

I've been reading a ton of threads and I'm sure most any questions I have will be already answered. Looking forward to reading and riding!

Just wanted to say hi!!

Russ
Welcome to the forums Russ! I'm a newbie here too and expect many members to be helpful with any question you have!

Glad you love the bike... it's hard not to love these things!

Peace!

·
Premium Member
9,684 Posts
Welcome Aboard Men !cheers

·
Super Moderator
6,371 Posts
Welcome, folks. :)

·
Registered
227 Posts
Good morning and Welcome to both of you. cheers

D.

·
Premium Member
4,498 Posts
Welcome Russ! Do yourself a favour and remount those saddlebags lower and level ish. Love the Highball and totally miss mine but love my XC even more!

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Hey Travis P, the previous owner put em on and I was noticing that too. On days off my plan is to pull em off and have a look at what adjustments I can make.

·
Premium Member
4,498 Posts
You could probably get a pretty penny for those bags and then reinvest into a cool looking set of leather ones that suit the style of bike a little better. On my Highball I ran with a swingarm bag and a bikers friend. That way it still looked the part of a bobber and not just another Victory Vegas. Great choice in bikes!!!! ImageUploadedByMotorcycle1438203200.217384.jpg

·
Premium Member
4,498 Posts
ImageUploadedByMotorcycle1438203393.895871.jpg ImageUploadedByMotorcycle1438203420.576161.jpg ImageUploadedByMotorcycle1438203463.314436.jpg
There she is loaded up in different configurations. If you need any help finding parts or just general questions don't hesitate to PM me.... I can talk about motorcycles all day every day!!! Enjoy your new bike!

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Looks great man! I don't think the small bag on the swing arm would work for me though. When I'm going to work I tend to haul a ton of stuff on my first day back. I like the bags on the back though. Would be awsome on a longer ride for sure.

·
Premium Member
4,498 Posts
The swingarm bag is only for around town or quick over night runs. I used it to hold disposable rain poncho's, hoody, gloves, clear glasses and a few tools. The bikers roll on the rear bitch pad is the ticket. I guarantee it holds as much as both your saddlebags. I had a suction cup bitch pad that puts it just off the fender and that's where it looked and fit the best.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Travis, what swingarm bag is that?

·
Premium Member
8,735 Posts

Just wanted to say hi!!

Russ
Welcome to the Forum and to Victory!
Funny Ive recently inherited a 1990 GSXR750
A very sad case, left out in the weather for 5 years.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Welcome to the Forum and to Victory!
Funny Ive recently inherited a 1990 GSXR750
A very sad case, left out in the weather for 5 years.
Throw up a pic, I'd love to see it. They're super fun bikes to ride, but I can honestly say that (and I speak with experience ) this highball is soooo much nicer.

·
Premium Member
8,735 Posts
Throw up a pic, I'd love to see it. They're super fun bikes to ride, but I can honestly say that (and I speak with experience ) this highball is soooo much nicer.
I sold my'89 Kwaka GPZ900R to get the Victory so sorta know where yr coming from...
lets have a look, should be some pix here...ah yes

1990 last of the oil cooled, first of the USD forks, the one to have.
looks ok from a distance but the elements haven't been kind.
third pic is the original tank...looked fairly rusty till I filled it with a vinegar + citric acid solution...that ate the rust and started a search for a new tank...ended up with not one but 2 good ones:)
Freed up the stuck Mikuni Slingshot carbs with Eucalyptus oil, fired her up and had flames shooting out the exhaust hitting the 11,500rpm limiter!:D
Its on hold at present while I catch up on paying jobs.

What model was yours?

Attachments

·
Registered
91 Posts
Welcome. Did the previous owner do any performance mods? If not, grab a Lloydz timing wheel and disconnect the O2 sensors as your first mod. Then add the Air filter and PCV with some slip ons and you will be in love with the extra power per dollar.

·
Premium Member
4,498 Posts
Travis, what swingarm bag is that?

That there is from One Stop Biker shop in Edmonton Alberta... No idea who made it. It's a softail bag that I removed the leather straps from and made a bracket out of plastic to mount it on my swingarm. I tried to manufacture 10 of these brackets a few winters ago but life got in the way... Kids, job, wife.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts