Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello guys, I'm seriously considering a new Victory in the near future. I'm curious about others that made the jump from HD to Victory, which is what I'm considering. I love the HD's but just can't seem to find a dealer that doesn't think they crap ice cream and if you dson't like it ....tough. Well after 20+ years, I've about had it with them. I want to know how you guys like these victorys. I'm getting older and I just want to ride! I typically put 15 - 17k miles a year on my bikes. I'd ride all the time if I didn't live in New England. How is this new 106 engine and 6 speed? Any problems? How is the dealer network and how are you treated at the dealers after the sale? I love the new XC and am ready to give up one of my e-glides to get one. Thanks in advance,
LongRIder :cool:

·
Registered
243 Posts
buy what you want / like all have plus / minus my take after yrs on various brands, ive owned a harley knuckle head, Would like to have it today but not as a daily ride, 68 sporster 900cc , nice lookin good enough ride, super hard statrin, my triumph bonnie 650 stock would blow the doors off it, my last ride before buying the vegas was my fxrs owned her for 17 yrs. rode super, handled super, [ for a heavy bike] but I got tird of wrenching on her, hd ever in my future, nooo way. read all you can i believe you will find the vic super reliable, engine buletproof, do they break , of course. hope this helps

steve

·
Registered
6 Posts
Greeting from MA!
I too am new to Victory. I came from riding a VTX 1800 (still have it). Don't know where in RI you are, but if you can take a ride to MOM'South in Foxboro, MA. Very friendly and customer oriented. No high pressure. Offered test rides. I dealt directly with the owner Joel.
I originally had a deposit on a Cross Country at HK Powersports in Hooksett, NH. They kept giving me a song and dance when I'd ask when the bike would be coming in. They told me that the bikes were being shipped to southern states first because our riding season was over. Went to MOM's, test rode the owners XC. Asked when they might be getting more that weren't already bought in. They said they had 5 on a truck - three were available. Put a deposit on one, and was riding it the following weekend. They accepted my $500 coupon too. Was so impressed that we went back the following weekend and bought a 09 Ness Jackpot for my wife. They gave me a great deal on that (almost $6K off plus $1K cash back from Vic). Love both the new bikes.
The 106 has good power (more than HD, but a little less than the X) The 6 speed is nice. The ride is very comfortable. From what I've read, the engine/tranny are very reliable.
I'm glad I made the move!

Phil

·
The Diamond
4,001 Posts
The BEST advice is hop on down to your local Victory Dealership and test ride the models you are interested in.

Victory encourages test rides because they know THAT is what sells the bikes. You don't have to wait for special events to test ride the Vic bikes.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks to all that replied. I would still like to hear from guys with high milage on their victory motorcycles and what they think of them.
Thanks,
LR:cool:

·
Premium Member
1,602 Posts
When you say high milage...I can only think of 2 people. One is Sidney (Fiswitch) rides a Kingpin and Jonny (Lonestar) ride a TC I think. They both are pushing the 130,000 plus miles on their Victory's, but don't think they are freaquent readers here. I myself only have about 40K on mine and have not had any issues with mine other then my ass falling asleep while on long rides and going through brake pads too often. Many tend to change out the stock seats and upgrade the pads to EBC's and others.

As far as the dealer network....a few dealers have closed their doors...maybe due to economy.....but I still see some new dealers popping up all the time. I don't have one bad thing to say about my dealer (www.TMPSW.com )....they have been super supportive of our riding club as well...they even went as far as sponsoring our riding club website.

Good luck to you.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thank you Neomtz. I'm even glad to hear that your 40k miles have been good ones.
Thanks again,
LongRIder

·
The Diamond
4,001 Posts
I personally know a rider that has over 130,000 miles on her 05 Kingpin that she bought NEW in 06. Normal oil changes and services, tires and she broke ONE drive belt at 60,000 miles. They are rated at 30,000.

There is another rider with well over 200,000 on his 99.

These bikes are pretty much bullet proof and if you decide to go with the Lloydz engine packages 104CI up to 116CI they are still just as bullet proof.

·
Registered
364 Posts
I've got 32K fairly tough miles on my '06 Jackpot including 20 passes on the 1/4 mile, not to mention countless rolling burnouts and wheelies, and it has NEVER seen the dealer since new. I'm ready for my 5th rear tire (Metzlers, of course). When you want to trick out your new Vics check us out at www.CycleOpsUSA.com.

·
Registered
59 Posts
This is hilarious.

First off, to Longrider... Victory's are nice. When you make the jump to a victory, dont forget you birth certificate... becuase as soon as you sign for it you will lose your soul. Study the detail, amount of plastic and craftsmen ship, if you dont care about that, get a Victory, it will fit you perfect.

diamondrmp - "hop on down to your local Victory Dealership" Where is that? Need a plane ticket? If you dont live by one I would doubt there is one within 50 miles. But parts are interchangeable with snowmobiles so the supply chain is getting better.

To all, You can test ride any harley any time. You walk in, show then your license, put on a helmet and go. That simple.

I will agree, some (small amount) of the salesforce thinks they are kings. I have dealt with the same two salespeople since I started riding and that is really all I talk to there.

In closing, Longrider, drop your nuts at the front door of your polaris motorcycle dealer, walk in, get on and join the "Victory Community"
:)

·
Registered
364 Posts
This is hilarious.

First off, to Longrider... Victory's are nice. When you make the jump to a victory, dont forget you birth certificate... becuase as soon as you sign for it you will lose your soul. Study the detail, amount of plastic and craftsmen ship, if you dont care about that, get a Victory, it will fit you perfect.

diamondrmp - "hop on down to your local Victory Dealership" Where is that? Need a plane ticket? If you dont live by one I would doubt there is one within 50 miles. But parts are interchangeable with snowmobiles so the supply chain is getting better.

To all, You can test ride any harley any time. You walk in, show then your license, put on a helmet and go. That simple.

I will agree, some (small amount) of the salesforce thinks they are kings. I have dealt with the same two salespeople since I started riding and that is really all I talk to there.

In closing, Longrider, drop your nuts at the front door of your polaris motorcycle dealer, walk in, get on and join the "Victory Community"
:)
Hey Doc, Is there any real reason you even log onto the Victory forums? Are you that big of a glutton for punishment? Do us all a favor and go take your meds, they've obviously worn off. Maybe that's why you come to the Victory forums. That, or you have penis envy.
As for who thinks they're King, you seem more likely to wish you were wearing the crown than any H-D salesman I've ever met.
As for H-D offering test rides to anyone who walks in with a license, you're so disillusioned it's scary.
And if ANY H-D dealer is now offering test rides, you have Victory to thank since this has been their policy since day 1 and I guess some H-D dealers are tired of losing sales because of it. However, this said, being able to test ride a H-D and a Vic, do you really think H-D would sell a bike afterwards? It would only push them more to the superior product.
Now go away you troll.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Hey Doc, Is there any real reason you even log onto the Victory forums? Are you that big of a glutton for punishment? Do us all a favor and go take your meds, they've obviously worn off. Maybe that's why you come to the Victory forums. That, or you have penis envy.
As for who thinks they're King, you seem more likely to wish you were wearing the crown than any H-D salesman I've ever met.
As for H-D offering test rides to anyone who walks in with a license, you're so disillusioned it's scary.
And if ANY H-D dealer is now offering test rides, you have Victory to thank since this has been their policy since day 1 and I guess some H-D dealers are tired of losing sales because of it. However, this said, being able to test ride a H-D and a Vic, do you really think H-D would sell a bike afterwards? It would only push them more to the superior product.
Now go away you troll.
Cycleops, Merry Christmas. If you walk into a dealer they will let you take the bike for a ride. They advertise it. Secondly, it may be because of Victory, but I think it is because of Victory, Honda and the rest of ricers. They are all working to sell, and there is one king, Headquarters in Milwaukee.

Market share for all motorcycle companies have taken a hit (I would am speculating) but Harley's has take the most. Not because of price, (I did a post on comparable bikes and victory was more) but because of the historical value they build into their bikes appearance. Take the Rocker, 5 years late with the design, and the bikes sit. Fatboy low, cant keep em' in stock. Plus, motorcycle riders that are young want the speed and not the heritage.

With that all said relax, read the post more than once and you will understand the logic. Victory is building a distributorship, that takes years. They need sales to build it, and now sales are not great across the board.

Hang Loose

Also, Nice website. I like your custom part section. The flame luggage rack along with the 3d inserts are very cool.

·
Registered
364 Posts
Cycleops, Merry Christmas. If you walk into a dealer they will let you take the bike for a ride. They advertise it. Secondly, it may be because of Victory, but I think it is because of Victory, Honda and the rest of ricers. They are all working to sell, and there is one king, Headquarters in Milwaukee.

Market share for all motorcycle companies have taken a hit (I would am speculating) but Harley's has take the most. Not because of price, (I did a post on comparable bikes and victory was more) but because of the historical value they build into their bikes appearance. Take the Rocker, 5 years late with the design, and the bikes sit. Fatboy low, cant keep em' in stock. Plus, motorcycle riders that are young want the speed and not the heritage.

With that all said relax, read the post more than once and you will understand the logic. Victory is building a distributorship, that takes years. They need sales to build it, and now sales are not great across the board.

Hang Loose

Also, Nice website. I like your custom part section. The flame luggage rack along with the 3d inserts are very cool.
Well Doc, this is how I prefer we all talk in here and get along, as we're all here for the same thing, our love of being on two wheels. That said...

Merry Christmas to you too Doc. You can't find a H-D dealer here in FL that'll let you test ride, period. Sales are definitely slowed acroos the board, and the dealers they often get to be Vic dealers are first time bike shop owners, and too often they do fail. That said though, dealers are sometimes further than one would like. Good thing they're big time dependable. As for styling, Vic did take H-D-esque cues in style, but more of the more custom items done like the stretched tanks and such, but you have to agree they did their own work from there.
They are building their network and it is growing, but they are here to stay, so at least that's now pretty well established, and more and more they're starting to get the recognition they deserve. Don't get me wrong, I like H-Ds too, as there's on in my garage right next to my Jackpot.
Glad you like my site and if ever I can hook you up with something do let me know. Since you liek the flame racks I do, this'll show you I'm somewhat brand neutral... this one I did for a buddy's RK... after final fitting but before chroming I might mention...

·
Premium Member
22 Posts
Longrider, as a friend of mine told me here in Oklahoma City it doesn't matter what you ride it is the best bike you have ever had. They are all good and all break down. It is what make you happy in the end you are the one riding it. I bought a 09 Vision in Nov. 09 traded my 09 V-Star 950 that I bought in Aug. 09 it had approx. 6k on it when I traded. Would I do it again? Yes in a minute. I took the advise I just told you and am very happy. Good Luck in you decision. Ride Safe.:D

·
The Diamond
4,001 Posts
Since this post I've gone to 3 local HD dealers and not ONE would let me test ride a bike. I went in my car as not to cause any butt hurt! LOL One of those HD dealers is closing his doors in a month or so. THAT sucks and as mentioned a sign of the times.

Why is it that HD owners and flock faithfuls best answer to Victory is heritage? I could give a frick less about heritage. That is HD's problem they are so STUCK in heritage that their bikes are antiqudated!! They need to come into the MODERN world and get over themselves. I rarely slam HD but I am sick and tired of the lame "heritage" comment.

·
Registered
301 Posts
longrider
pull up the (victory motorcyckles 2010 modles) and go through the info thay have to offer. thay show all the perks on vics, its your choise to ride what ever you wont, i have 2 vics, and a yamaha i bought for my son to ride and im happy with all of them. i started to buy a 99 fat boy hd last week but he wonted to much for it. man folks here dont push vics on ya we give pure facts and info. we have this one member that just wont grow up, hes a little bit( f--king nuts ) because if you dont ride a harley you ant ****, you know the type, he buys a bike one day and in a week, he can tell you every thing, but nothing hes a POUSER WONT TO BELONG. shure any bum unemployed person can buy a hd thay will finance anyone thay dont care & that is a fact . go to a repo sale there will be 75 hds mabe 3 vics.
im sorry i got off tract , good luck ride what you wont even a hd if thats your choise, ronfox :cool:

·
Registered
301 Posts
PS= my local dealer told me if he could finance easy as hd does, columbus ga would be full of vics, hes lost 4 sales in dec, due to couldnt finance, but hd did .thats hearatge for ya. see ya at the auction!!!!!!!!!!:eek:

·
The Diamond
4,001 Posts
PS= my local dealer told me if he could finance easy as hd does, columbus ga would be full of vics, hes lost 4 sales in dec, due to couldnt finance, but hd did .thats hearatge for ya. see ya at the auction!!!!!!!!!!:eek:

I call BS.

First off unless you are going to buy a CVO HD the HD's are cheaper thus easier to finance.

Heritage has NOTHING to do with financing.

Try financing a car which is much easier than a bike.

·
Registered
301 Posts
diamon
my thoughts on financing was hd, can finance people that cant get bikes most outher places, theres a shriner at my local club that was deturmend on a new honda, thats all he talked about and the goldwing he wonted i looked at my self. well his credit wasnt good so the next week he bought a hd with around a couple thousand of dollors OF extras , when i asked why not trying some more loan companys or banks if you wont it that bad.i was told he changed his mind on the honda and he went for the better bike with hearatge. my self i thought it was BS. thats what i ment on hearatge

·
Premium Member
2,646 Posts
No real dog in this fight, but I do own a real HD 74FLH, and 3 Vics. So I guess I do qualify.
Quality of materials. HMMMMMMM the only plastic on my KP is the side covers, and any matching HD has plastic side cover as well. My CC has no plastic AT ALL
Dealer network. Well Vic has just over 350 dealers in the US to HD's 550 plus, but then again you NEED a dealer on every other corner if yoyu ride an HD daily.
Quality of manufacture. I guess 5 straight years of being #1 rated by JD powers say everything you need to know. BTW Vic dealers are not allowed to use it in their adrevtising because Vic will ont pay JD Powers. That tells me the rating is not just "He who spends the most deal"
My buddt OWNS the local HD dealer here, and has been hit just as hard as we have by the financing crap. Many HD dealers though created their OWN third tier finance operations, and are floating their own notes. HD finance has LOST $25M per quarter for the last 9 quarters, and if Buffet had not dumped $400M into them. HD would be in SERIOUS trouble. Fact is they are getting in line to suck the government tit AGAIN. You want heritage...If it had not been for government intervention at leas 4 times since 68; The MoCo would be toes up.
Finally if you are going to trot out the snowmobile crap. I* would like to remind you that HD FAILED in both the snow, and golf industries

1 - 20 of 27 Posts