Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello!

I have owned a plethora of bikes of Asian descent, and also a Harley, but this is my first Victory. A 2004 V92TC. She's got the drive pulley upgrade, so it's almost like a 6-speed, a stage 1 kit with a K&N cold air intake, a Mustang seat, a brakeaway throttle lock, and it came with a J&M audio CB which I removed. I love the bike, and do not see me moving back to anything else in the foreseeable future.

A little about me- I am active duty Navy, 25 years this August. A Senior Chief Petty Officer by trade. I am recently divorced, and have custody of my 12 year old son, who is autistic, and loves to ride with me. He is a big fan of the Victory and it's mustang seat, especially compared to the 1200 sportster we had been riding! I have a daughter who lives in Oklahoma with her fiancé and my granddaughter, with another one on the way. I am an avid bowhunter and woodworker. I have been riding since I was 16, and learned on grattan raceway in Michigan, when my dad was roadracing. I told my girlfriend I started riding when she was 2 years old... LOL.

I am looking forward to gleaning lots of information about the care and feeding of my bike, as I have always done my own maintenance and upgrades. Currently the only gripe I have is with the risers the previous owner installed. They are 4" highway hawk risers solid mounted to the triple tree, so they try to shake the handlebars out of my hands with the big bumps. I need to find some decent isolator bushings to install, but need to know what will fit.

thank you for your time,
Dave

·
Registered
346 Posts
Welcome from CT !

·
Registered
12,148 Posts
Welcome Chief Woodn from Old Navy (served a spell on the USS Ticonderoga CVA-14) in the Pacific Northwet. I wish everyone would post their background as thoroughly as you--I feel as though I know you, even though I don't.

·
Premium Member
91 Posts
Hey there Dave... welcome shipmate!

Former squid myself... and new Vic Gunner owner... I spent time on the Big E... USS Enterprise...

I'm an avid woodworker myself... you'll have to post some pictures of your handiwork... I'll start...

Anyway... welcome to the forum!!

Cheers!

Mike

Attachments

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Good to see some Sailors on here!

I used to have a website, but got rid of that after the divorce. I slowed down my hobby in recent years, but still do some here and there. I am working on a shadow box for my CMC's retirement at the end of the month and a buddy of mine that retired late last year. Shadowboxes are not really my thing, but I'll do them for certain people. I prefer other types of work. I have some stuff shown on my FB page. Wood-N-Knots

·
Premium Member
91 Posts
Damn nice work Dave!!!! The marquetry is excellent!!! I have tried that and have not been very successful. I like the inlay on the QSWO... very nice touch. Have you tried ammonia fuming QSWO? It's a pain in the butt... however, the results are spectacular... I have some of my stuff on my FB page... they are at the bottom...

https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1509288437&sk=photos&collection_token=1509288437:2305272732:5

I gave up hard-core woodworking in 2009 when the economy tanked... and then had to give up for real in 2010 when I got divorced. My ex lived in the house for a while and I took up residence in an apartment. So... no garage... no woodworking. But I got my house back and my shop... so I get to make saw dust every now and then. It's a tug of war between the shop and the bike... LOL!!!

·
Registered
313 Posts
Glad to have you with us Senior Chief, F'n Nuke EM1/SS here. My eleven year old son ride with me all the time. We have a ball together.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts