Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just picked up a 2012 Victory XCT today. 30k mi. So far loving it. Broke it in by riding ~200 mi from Souix Falls, SD back home to MN. I think I should've just continued on to Sturgis. My ride back from Algona, IA on my M109R made up my mind as I looked like Jim Carrey from Dumb and Dumber on their mini bike. I ate so many bugs. So I decided to get a bagger with a fairing and a windshield. It doesn't have as much torque as the 9 but the creature comforts are hard to pass up. Looking forward to miles of smiles.

·
Premium Member
250 Posts
Welcome from Tennessee

The more you ride it Rich the more you'll love it and it can handle anything you put it through if you're man enough to push it. :grin

·
Registered
12,158 Posts
There are relatively inexpensive engine mods that will get around the EPA timing and wake up that 106. Lloydz adjustable timing wheel is one that did the trick for my XR. Another mod that will give it more power and improve gas mileage is my sooper dooper laydown license plate bracket - click the link in my signature.

·
Registered
1,258 Posts
Loving my 2012 CCT. Good choice. :)

·
Premium Member
1,863 Posts
Congratulations on your 2012 CCT. You bought the best year. If it's gloss pearl white you can claim the best color as well.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Sadly no. I saw some of those and love them but I went with what I could find and ended up with metallic red.

·
Registered
1,258 Posts
Sunset red seems very common. I like it.
Good people on this forum they have put up with my thousand questions before purchasing and after.
A sign of reliability is a quiet forum. If it was filled with people complaining everyday I might be concerned but no regrets in my purchase of a "dead" brand. :)

·
Super Moderator
4,949 Posts
Another mod that will give it more power and improve gas mileage is my sooper dooper laydown license plate bracket - click the link in my signature.
….and it'll put the zing back in your love life.

·
Registered
12,158 Posts

·
Registered
1,258 Posts
Not dead, just orphaned. :frown
Good point. Honda killed the VTX model, my other bike. I know I'll be able to get parts for it always. Can still order parts for a 70's Honda brand new...

I don't really have any concerns with Victory though.

·
Registered
307 Posts
Welcome Rich

Welcome Rich. Don't let them fool you, Red is the fastest color ;-)

·
Registered
12,158 Posts
1 - 13 of 13 Posts