Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all: Just over a month ago I traded my '04 Harley Road Glide for a '13 Cross Country Tour. I'm still breaking in the motor and haven't had much time to ride due to work and the weather. I look forward to picking up a lot of pointers from this forum. I did a fair amount of reading before I decided on Victory. So far I'm impressed with the bike. I just need to ride more.

·
Premium Member
1,001 Posts
Hello all: Just over a month ago I traded my '04 Harley Road Glide for a '13 Cross Country Tour. I'm still breaking in the motor and haven't had much time to ride due to work and the weather. I look forward to picking up a lot of pointers from this forum. I did a fair amount of reading before I decided on Victory. So far I'm impressed with the bike. I just need to ride more.
Congrats on your new ride. I like mine. Came from a BMW R1150R, which is night and day... this is my first "Harley-like" (excuse the comparison) crusier.... it's solid as a rock, feels really planted, has typical clearance issues compared to what I'm used to... love mine.

·
Registered
1,185 Posts
Welcome! Had an 04 Fatboy myself and still troll hdforums a good bit to keep up with the folks and happenings over there. cheers

With familiarity of the 'B' version of the TC88 drive-train at least, I can definitely say you have upgraded greatly to quite an improved machine by comparison.. You're gonna love the 106CI 6-speed. thumb up

Plus, when it's time, if you do your own wrenching.. Wait until you do an oil change. Holy cow it's as easy as a lawnmower.. No derby cover business.. No three holes.. Just a filter that doesn't puke all over your bike like my softail did, one plug and one fill location. And everything's metric rather than having metric fasteners right next to standards.

Oh, and wait until you hit some twisties! It ain't no board-dragging 'glide. hehehe

Enjoy!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts