5,988 Posts
Sweet! Love the red stripe on the wheel. thumb up

·
Registered
1,499 Posts
Looks good Smilee... Couple quesitons:

How much did the trailer cost ya
What size tires are those
Did you install a swivel on the trailer side of the hitch and if so how does it pull.

Be safe out there thumb up

Tim

·
Registered
10 Posts
That is sweet! The red wheels really tie it all together.
Like the luggage rack on top also - additional space to pack. Good idea. cheers

·
Registered
679 Posts
Nice, I am on a 2k road trip as I write. This is the last time I will pack for two for a 10 day trip and carry the stuff on my XC. The bike just doesn't handle the weight carried on the luggage rack as well as my other past rides. Even my C 50 Suzuki did better. I am definitely looking for a trailer before my next road trip. Please post how your bike handled withe the trailer!

Sent from my Motorcycle iPad app

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
Tim
i paid 700 for the trailer,tires are 4.8-8, i didnt put the swivel on , but plan to.only had it out once rides pretty good so far, but thats without weight, im learning slow.
Bbob
yea the tongue is a little long but i havent realy compared to any others yet.
wesdalton
bike handle good, i have never hauled trailer so i took it easy.it just seemed heavy but still very stable.thanks for comments guys ill keep up with the post and the full road trip is end of month.ill let ya know.

·
Registered
1,499 Posts
You know the tongue does look a little long but I bet if it had the standard ice chest plate in front of the box it wouldnt appear as long. From what I seen on trailers 7 feet was about the normal. I forgot to comment on the paint scheme... Looks great!!!
I know I have read alot of pro/con on the trailer swivel but knowing how well our bikes lean in the twisties it seems like a good idea to have. Keep us posted Smilee

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
sixshooter,im still workin on the wiring, havent had the time to get into it.but it doesnt look to bad.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts