Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,002 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The Boss and I went on a 5 hour road trip today to look at a new trailer to haul the bike in. After much deliberation, here's what we put a deposit on: (2018 Heartland Road Warrior 362) Smokin' deal!

·
Registered
12,330 Posts
Looks like you'll have to trade in your Yugo for a Ram pick-up. :)

·
Registered
12,330 Posts
There are lots of people who live full time in smaller trailers.
Yeah, and they are parked all over Portland, in all kinds of neighborhoods, dumping trash all over, stealing what isn't welded down, pissing and crapping in people's yards and the cops have been told by city hall to let them be. This photo shows an unusually sanitary scene, normally there's all kinds of crap littered around the vehicles. Sorry...back to our regular programming.

http://www.wweek.com/resizer/XWfv7_-4MQKoV2B2phHwTHAropM=/600x0/filters:quality(100)/s3.amazonaws.com/arc-wordpress-client-uploads/wweek/wp-content/uploads/2017/07/18112453/zombieland_homeless_RV_Daniel_Stindt_5.jpg

·
Premium Member
13,729 Posts
That would suck Ric. RV's are not allowed to park on the street or even parking lots overnight here for that exact reason. They do have sections of land out away from town where people can park their RV's off the grid and there are BLM agents who check on them to make sure they aren't trashing the place so others have fair and clean use of them.

I guess that's just one the big differences between living in a blue vs red state. It's a shame common decency (no longer common among some) has to be regulated but it is what it is I guess. Sigh.

Pot heads have totally taken over Denver and soon Las Vegas will have an entirely new reputation. Instead of Sin City it will be 'Toke 'em till you drop city" now that pot is legal in NV now too.

·
Registered
483 Posts
With the title alone I was ready to vote you off the island.

Once inside I'm very pleased at what I see. That is bad arse and I hope y'all enjoy it!

One day I'd love something like that.

·
Registered
83 Posts
When I saw the title to this thread I thought maybe you bought a Harley ?

·
Registered
1,148 Posts
When I saw the title to this thread I thought maybe you bought a Harley ?
Yup me too. I dont think a 36' trailer is "small" by any means. We have tossed the idea around of full time RV'ing it. Just dont know if I can go from about a 2200 sq ft house to less than 400 sq ft. And no place to keep tool and stuff.

·
Premium Member
13,729 Posts
Yup me too. I dont think a 36' trailer is "small" by any means. We have tossed the idea around of full time RV'ing it. Just dont know if I can go from about a 2200 sq ft house to less than 400 sq ft. And no place to keep tool and stuff.
The toy haulers have a kind of garage for toys (bikes) and tools.

It seems like, from what I've seen and what people who who have these say, is finding a place to park it with hook ups is the hard part.

It's no big deal to find someplace for a week or two but full time at a place you like without a lot of noise or other annoyance sounds like what I've heard most people comment on. The walls aren't very thick or sound proof and the parks set up to park these are kind of a tight fit sometimes so it's a lot like apartment living. It can be a lot of fun with the right neighbors but a nightmare with the wrong ones.

Some people who do this full time work in national parks so they can stay longer than the 2 week maximum and have a nice place, sometimes in the woods with shade, to park where it's quiet. Really quiet during some months.

·
Registered
1,148 Posts
Yea the work camper thing is what we looked into. There are quite a few that work at national parks. 4 months here 6 months there and move around. Or lots of companies have part time positions they will fill with folks like that. Sometimes campgrounds themselves hire work campers as maintenance, front desk help and you get you spot for free or reduced cost Sounds enticing and like a adventure. But all your "stuff" has to go. No bits and parts even with a toy hauler you got the bike and maybe your tool box. And I HATE interviewing and changing jobs and cant imagine doing it every few months. If you go with one with a couple 3 slides and say 42 ft, your going to need a 450 possibly to pull it. They aint cheap neither. But its fun to look and imagine I guess.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts