Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,430 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Triumph has done it again for me. They got my interest. They came out with the Street Twin 900cc a few years ago, but now they upped the power a bit, which is cool. But they came out with a new version of that basically, but with the the 1200cc engine and they are calling it a Speed Twin. It has more power of course, but also mag wheels, tubeless tyres, and changed the looks a bit in the pictures. Maybe one day I will take one for a ride, not coming out until later this month as a 2019 model. Got to work on paying off some bills.
:grin

·
Registered
12,247 Posts
I owned 4 Triumphs and like them all; a TR2, a TR3A, a TR4, and a TR4 Sebring Coupe. :)

·
Registered
204 Posts
I've owned three Hinkley Triumphs - a '96 Trophy, an '02 T100 Bonneville and an '05 Thruxton.

All were completely reliable and none seeped even a mist of oil. They're good machines.

Russ.

·
Registered
204 Posts
I've owned three Hinkley Triumphs - a '96 Trophy, an '02 T100 Bonneville and an '05 Thruxton.

All were completely reliable and none seeped even a mist of oil. They're good machines.
Further to that, I once owned a fourth Triumph - a Meriden co-operative built 750 Bonneville (last of the old factory built bikes) which I saved up for and bought brand new in February 1982. My dream bike at the time, but it all but broke my motorcycling spirit! Actually, the less said about that particular motorcycle the better...

Russ.

·
13,040 Posts
You know how stupid Triumph was. Back in the 70's 80's 90's you had to pull the mufflers to get the axle out. A dealer was over at the factory and asked them why. Reason was cause air hose wouldn't reach around to other side for tighten the axle nut

1 - 6 of 6 Posts