Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
4,067 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I lease my cages, so about every 2.5 - 3 years I change vehicles. Been driving a 2014 GMC Sierra SLT which has been okay and a very solid truck but I have no real need for a full size P/U. I'm tried of maneuvering the big boat around and dealing with its shitty fuel mileage. It also has no rear slider, navigation, running boards and only a half rear seat. These are some things I planned to remedy on the new lease. My dealer called last week to say I had 6mo on the Sierra lease and they were ready to deal.....I dropped in an told them what I wanted, they said I need to test drive a new Canyon they just got in. So I did, I was really surprised by this truck, it drives and handles much better than the Sierra and with the new 308hp V6 it has more zing. Bonus, its also very close in color to my XC ;) We hammed out a deal over a few days, tonight I picked up this 2017 GMC Canyon SLT.

Now I have to order a new Victory decal for the rear window...

·
Registered
483 Posts
Exciting!

Im integrated to hear about what you think of it. Especially towing.

Close to the color of my truck too. My wife thought I was silly for being so excited when I got it because it matched my boat so well. I'm sure yall understand.

Attachments

·
Registered
4,067 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Exciting!

Im integrated to hear about what you think of it. Especially towing.

Close to the color of my truck too. My wife thought I was silly for being so excited when I got it because it matched my boat so well. I'm sure yall understand.
None of my current hobbies or work require towing or heavy hauling...sorry Bulldog. That's one of the reasons I down sized to a midsize P/U. There is another new engine this year for the Canyon/Colorado trucks, a Duramax I4 turbo diesel that ups the towing capacity greatly but still sips fuel at a combined 30mpg.
The color thing is cool I'm going to have to get a bike/truck pic asap thumb up.

·
Premium Member
1,720 Posts
That is a sweet truck Pain! Awesome!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
991 Posts
Since we're sharing pix of new trucks.......

·
Registered
79 Posts
None of my current hobbies or work require towing or heavy hauling...sorry Bulldog. That's one of the reasons I down sized to a midsize P/U. There is another new engine this year for the Canyon/Colorado trucks, a Duramax I4 turbo diesel that ups the towing capacity greatly but still sips fuel at a combined 30mpg.
The color thing is cool I'm going to have to get a bike/truck pic asap thumb up.
Had to go look that up. That is very neat that GMC went that route. I wouldn't mind test driving one to see how it drives.

·
Super Moderator
6,371 Posts
When does it go in for air filter, PCV, cams, and exhaust?

·
Super Moderator
4,950 Posts
I lease my cages, so about every 2.5 - 3 years I change vehicles. Been driving a 2014 GMC Sierra SLT which has been okay and a very solid truck but I have no real need for a full size P/U. I'm tried of maneuvering the big boat around and dealing with its shitty fuel mileage. It also has no rear slider, navigation, running boards and only a half rear seat. These are some things I planned to remedy on the new lease. My dealer called last week to say I had 6mo on the Sierra lease and they were ready to deal.....I dropped in an told them what I wanted, they said I need to test drive a new Canyon they just got in. So I did, I was really surprised by this truck, it drives and handles much better than the Sierra and with the new 308hp V6 it has more zing. Bonus, its also very close in color to my XC ;) We hammed out a deal over a few days, tonight I picked up this 2017 GMC Canyon SLT.

Now I have to order a new Victory decal for the rear window...
That's one good looking truck.

·
Registered
4,067 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Never.. I drive my trucks like a normal person. That "thing" does not to happen me when I get behind a wheel, that happens when I get on the bike :devil

That's one good looking truck.
Thank you... I'm going like having this truck over the next few years.

·
Registered
483 Posts
Mine has MBRH exhaust, Edge programmer, and Airaid intake. I guess cams are next.

·
Super Moderator
6,371 Posts
I had a 2002 Dodge Ram for a few years. 13MPG on a good day just driving to work and back. Now I have a VW Tiguan (leased). Average 25 mpg. Easier to park, handles better.

·
Premium Member
13,060 Posts
Do you haul a dyno in that trailer to make it so heavy Kevin?
I had a 2002 Dodge Ram for a few years. 13MPG on a good day just driving to work and back. Now I have a VW Tiguan (leased). Average 25 mpg. Easier to park, handles better.
My 01 F150 5.4L Supercrew gets 13-14 mpg tuned for economy and regular gas. I can switch it over to premium and high performance or towing in a matter of minutes with the tuner. I'm hoping to see a couple more mpg with the complete tuneup. It sure runs like new now. Time and a trip or two will tell.

·
Premium Member
991 Posts
That's a lot of truck Toejam. What do you tow? Big travel trailer with slide-outs maybe? Horses?
Heartland Road Warrior 362 Toy Hauler (haven't got it yet)

1 - 20 of 50 Posts