Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
192 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey all, I recently got a trunk for my XC. While i didn't expect to get a lock set with it, I also didn't expect it to have a hole where the lock set should go. I contacted the dealer and they said the only way to get a matching lock to my ignition is to.... Yeah, buy a new key set for the WHOLE BIKE. Yes I can get a lock set for it but it will not be matching. I'll need a janitors keyring for all the damn keys i'll have with the lowers, trunk, and ignition.
WTF, can someone not work this out and build a matching key with the key code??

·
Premium Member
1,501 Posts
Just get the lock and take it to a locksmith for a re key.

·
Premium Member
9,684 Posts
Hey all, I recently got a trunk for my XC. While i didn't expect to get a lock set with it, I also didn't expect it to have a hole where the lock set should go. I contacted the dealer and they said the only way to get a matching lock to my ignition is to.... Yeah, buy a new key set for the WHOLE BIKE. Yes I can get a lock set for it but it will not be matching. I'll need a janitors keyring for all the damn keys i'll have with the lowers, trunk, and ignition.
WTF, can someone not work this out and build a matching key with the key code??
If you bought your XC new it comes with a trunk lock keyed to your bike , just in case you add a trunk . If you bought used the original owner probably tossed it . Mine was in my tool kit .

·
Premium Member
1,501 Posts
I'll look around. might have one

·
Premium Member
192 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I thought I saw a post about this. I wanted to make sure that I wasn't hallucinating. I'll look in my tool kit and see if I have it, that would be awesome

·
13,002 Posts
like the man said take key and lock to a locksmith if you have no luck
Hardware store is not a locksmith

·
Premium Member
192 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yup, checked the toolkit and nothing but crappy Chinese tools in an unopened bag. I bought the bike new but the dealer I bought it from sold out. I'm going to contact them tomorrow to see if the have a box of extraneous locks but I'm pessimistic

·
Premium Member
9,684 Posts
I have a lock and keys if you want it ....

·
Registered
314 Posts
My trunk lock was in a bag with some paperwork. Not in my tool kit. I added the trunk afterwards just as you did. Make sure you look through all of the materials that came with your bike!

·
Premium Member
978 Posts
When I traded my XR, I kept the trunk. I took the lock from the trunk and the key to my new XC to the Locksmith, and walla(and $22), he rekeyed the lock in about 10minutes.

·
Premium Member
192 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
When I traded my XR, I kept the trunk. I took the lock from the trunk and the key to my new XC to the Locksmith, and walla(and $22), he rekeyed the lock in about 10minutes.
Excellent, I have a combination rock & gem store/locksmith in Greensboro that can probably do it.

·
Premium Member
192 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Was able to get lock re-keyed after gem store and locksmith was unable to pry two screws loose in the cylinder... chowderhead. Took it to another guy and left it with him and he was able to do it. Mags came through like a champ!

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

1 - 13 of 13 Posts