Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi from the UK everyone!
I'm new to cruisers after 35 years of riding sports bikes and have just bought a black & white 2014 Highball with mag wheels which I am loving. :D
I have moved the bars back towards me so there is less of a reach and they are slightly lower which I find more comfortable. It also has the stage 1 with the longish pipes which sound great - growl but not too loud. :)
I'm looking to move the footpegs back but I think the cost of fitting Judge/Gunner footpeg brackets will be quite high? so I'm thinking of getting some lifelong friends of mine who are in the Chopper Club and who build bikes to make me some brackets then shorten the shift rod and reroute the brake line for the rear brake.....
Also I would like to fit a wider rear wheel and have been told the Vegas rear wheel will slot straight in as the newer bikes all use the same engine and frame. Has anyone done this? (I know the pattern is different but I will get both wheels powder coated plain black)
Also I would like to raise the ride height so does anyone have a reasonably priced solution to do this?
Finally can anyone recommend a pillion seat?
I know there are a few questions at once but if you have any info on any one of them, that would be great. thumb up
Thanks,
Max

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Does anyone know the measurement of a Kingpin shock from the centres of the mounting points?
I've been told it's 2" longer than the Highball shock.....

·
Premium Member
1,367 Posts
G'day from down under Max- and welcome to the site. There's a wealth of tecnical info on tap with the users online here so if in doubt, fire away as you have.

Great bike BTW- I want one for my second :)

·
Premium Member
6,019 Posts
Max28 welcome to the Vic forum, can you post a picture already or need another post to activate that function ?

Great you have a vic and there is a search function on the menu also... Ride safe... Put some miles on that baby

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks Krisd.
Yeh, I've been trawling the forum for days!
Yeh I'm loving the Highball after so long on sports bikes - I can ride at less than 100 mph in comfort! :)

·
Premium Member
1,367 Posts
I made the switch to a Hammer 3 years ago, straight off a 2008 Fireblade, and said something similar :)

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hey BP6666R!
Thanks, someone from close to my birthplace - I was born in Singapore. :)
When I try to attach a picture it just says "please enter the URL of your image" but doesn't give me the option to attach one from my computer picture gallery?

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I've managed to put some pic's in the members gallery but can't put one on to a message.....

·
Premium Member
6,019 Posts
Max your from S'pore ??? So is my ex wife ha ha ha....

Push your image after your 2 posts and see what happens ??

Ok I'll start.....

Attachments

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
For me the Highball is all about how it looks and sounds rather than how fast I can go on it & how often I can get my knee down, pull wheelies & stoppies like before Krisd. :crzy:
It's amazing how much I now see on roads I've ridden for years! :D

Attachments

·
Premium Member
6,019 Posts
NICE mate, now ride safe mate, first miles on the clock hey ???

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #13 (Edited)
Yeh, it had only done 500 miles in 11 months when I picked it up 3 weeks ago and I've done over 400 on 3 trips. thumb up

·
Premium Member
6,019 Posts
Nice rims by-the-way

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I prefer the look of the mags to the wire wheels - and they're easier to clean! thumb up

1 - 15 of 15 Posts