Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm Step and I ride an 04 Vegas. I'm hoping to get some insight on an electrical issue I have. When I turn the key everything lights up, when I hit the switch I get nothing. Its intermittent and if I cycle the key and kill switch back and forth eventually the check engine light comes on and the fuel pump comes on. I had it at my local dealer but of course it wouldn't do it for them. Any ideas??

Step

·
Registered
784 Posts
Bad connection somewhere.. Start with cleaning the battery terms up with wire brush, etc. Tighten them down securely when done. Dielectric grease... maybe/maybe not.

There's a myriad of other possibilities as far as loose connections go- but you just don't hear about anything else nearly as often. (ground wire coming loose, under tank connection loose, etc.) The under tank connection being loose carries a higher probability only because people have to take their tanks off all the damn time.

Think about things that you or someone else has messed with.

Install a new grip, or a cruise/ throttle lock? If you loosened the throttle housing... Clutch safety/electrical switch..

Install an electrical accessory?

·
Premium Member
9,684 Posts
Welcome to the forumthumb up

1 - 3 of 3 Posts