Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone. Thank you for having us! Wanted to introduce you all to our new V-Curve shield for the Victory Cross Country and Cross Country Tour. These things are great. Made from the highest grade FMR Lexan Polycarbonate with a glass hard coating on both sides. This is the same stuff they use to make bullet-proof glass! No joke. These are available in 8-16" sizes so you're sure to get the correct size for you. Designed with our Re-Curve that pushes air up and over the rider heads so you can see over the shield and be protected as if you were looking over it. Check them out on our site.

http://LongRideShields.com

·
Registered
91 Posts
ordered an 8". Holes don't line up very well. Will need to make them bigger so I can screw the stock screws in all the way. Screen works very well, just disappointed they have not addressed the fitment issues.

·
Registered
55 Posts
looks like a klock werks or a 7jurock
It may look like a Klock Werks but performs much much better. It does have a sharper re-curve which does a much better job at routing the air over the rider and passenger while making the ride quieter. I had the Klock Werks and both me and my wife (passenger) hated it. The LRS is so much better. Its like night and day. I have the Klock Werks if you want it. You can have it for free. LOL

·
Registered
560 Posts
It may look like a Klock Werks but performs much much better. It does have a sharper re-curve which does a much better job at routing the air over the rider and passenger while making the ride quieter. I had the Klock Werks and both me and my wife (passenger) hated it. The LRS is so much better. Its like night and day. I have the Klock Werks if you want it. You can have it for free. LOL
I will take that clockwerks....the one i have is too short.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Feels real good compared to the tiny stocker. Can hear the stereo a lot better at 75-80 (kicker speakers, no amp). Still some mild buffeting at the higher highway speeds (85-95) but it's a motorcycle. No fit issues but you do have that distortion mid point all flip WS have. Didn't really bother me as I look over it.

·
Registered
346 Posts
Feels real good compared to the tiny stocker. Can hear the stereo a lot better at 75-80 (kicker speakers, no amp). Still some mild buffeting at the higher highway speeds (85-95) but it's a motorcycle. No fit issues but you do have that distortion mid point all flip WS have. Didn't really bother me as I look over it.
What size did you go with and how tall are you if you don't mind me asking?

Thanks!

·
Registered
357 Posts
Got my 12in put on and thought at first I may have ordered one a couple in. too tall but it does great I can see over most of it and the top lip.Wind goes over my head and over passenger.
Only problem was the holes didnt line up perfect but a small file and 5 min that was cured.I give it 4 1/2 stars out of 5 :smile

·
Registered
560 Posts
I just saw on FB that the Long Ride Shield Rambler for Victory is on sale for $92.40 for anyone that is interested. It is like the Klockwerks flare.

·
Registered
49 Posts
I would not compare my LRS to a klockwerks shield. The LRS does not have the huge distortion area where the flip is. I ordered and installed a 13" for long rides and it has made a huge difference over the klockwerks. No more helmet shake when my modular helmet is open and the wife is also now in clean air. She really enjoys the new screen.

Thanks LRS for a great product.

·
Registered
241 Posts
Just saw these shields on Facebook and I had a klockwerks for about a week and hated it because I looked through it too much.

My question is about size, I'm 5'11" and I'm thinking the 8" should be plenty for me since I can duck a little bit and get into the bubble from my boomerang better which measures 5" from the cutout. Anybody have any thoughts before I order one. My bike is lowered an 1.5" in the rear of that makes a difference in shield size. Thanks.

·
Registered
9 Posts
My new shield

I bought one last month and I like it. Now for the truth, I didn't know any better so I ordered the darkest tint and its about 2 inches short. At home the bike is on an incline so when I measured for height I was wrong. So I get a little buffeting but not to bad besides in Arizona that dry heat goes along way (lol). My brother Joe liked the look on my XC that he has ordering one for his XCT. As far as I know these are the only guys who will etch your windscreen too. In the future I will order another one etched with USARMY Veteran or Retired something along these lines. I have already put a US ARMY Retired decal on the left saddle bag.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Just got my 12" Shield

Hey fellow riders,
Just got my 12" Recurve in the mail today and it looks great.
To bad I crashed before I put it on.
But I heart the USA made and it looks high quality.
In addition I was working in Sparks and James was great let me swing buy and helped me measure for it.
Very good to deal

1 - 18 of 18 Posts