Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I picked up my new Cross Country in December, but haven't had much chance to ride yet. I've been taking some heat from all the Harley riders in my neighborhood about not buying a "real" motorcycle, so I thought I'd look for a little positive reinforcement. :ltr:

Glad to be on board!

Brian

·
Premium Member
13,168 Posts
Welcome Brian. I wouldn't worry too much about those HD guys. I get it from time to time as well and I just say "hey! the dang thing is bullet proof, fast, has 5" of travel on the back end, and is more American than HD is these days". That usually does it. :D

·
Registered
396 Posts
yea you will get some of that,but i have found
that it is mostly from people that dont ride.
one smartass i work with had some negative
comments about my bike,so i asked him
"what do you ride?" he says,"my father in law
rides a harley". so i said,"guess that makes
you an expert",where is your harley t-shirt?
he is one of those loud people always talking
over you and knows everything and drives a
1 ton pickup truck,i mostly just ignore him.
but i ride with harley guys sometime and
we razz each other for fun. they seem to be
pretty knowledgable about the vic brand.

·
Registered
12,207 Posts
Jealousy makes people do cruel things. Many, if not most, H-D folks are aware of Victory and the power, handling, comfort, ride quality and (possibly) the dependability, but heavy peer pressure keeps them in the H-D "lifestyle." I've had many H-D riders admire my bike and say they'd like one, but their riding buddies would laugh at them. Brand loyalty is a form of blindness.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yeah, I'm not exactly tearing up over my exclusion from the H-D club. They came to me to look at the bike, not like I took it to them for approval. I can't really imagine a Harley rider ever saying they like your non-Harley bike better than one of their own.

·
The Diamond
4,001 Posts
In the 5 years I've been on Porti I think I've had maybe 2 serious bad comments from an HD rider. Everyone else has been great about it.

A few years ago I had my bike in a booth at the Easyriders show. It was one isle over from the HA booth. All day those guys came over looking at Porti and complimenting her talking to me about the bike.

Not one single negative comment from them.

Attachments

·
13,003 Posts
Brian watch these 5 videos and you'll have some info you can tell them. I to went to victory and the H D guys kinda befriend me.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts