Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So this is my first Victory.

I am coming from a 2008 Kawasaki Special Edition Mean Streak.

I have only rode my Vegas all of about 15minutes before I had to get back on the road to get home. I left the Vegas at the dealership to get all the add-ons installed.

So when I pick it up she will have a passenger seat, passenger pegs and the Stage 1 Swept exhaust kit.

Total price after taxes and add-ons - Just over $14K

Her nickname - "Lucky" - for a couple reasons - First, I am lucky to even to get her - Second, she is the #777 victory in 2011.

Here are a couple pics of the bike on the show room floor.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Welcome

Welcome, my Victory brother. I got my 08 Vegas last year, and I've got nothing but good things to say about the bike. No regrets about going Victory. Get ready for a lot of looks and questions. You are in for a great summer!

·
The Diamond
4,001 Posts
Welcome to the Victory Forums.

A few helpful pointers,

• Please take the time to read the “Sticky” threads in the “Victory Forums Rules and New Members Introductions” forum. This will help you out a LOT with the Victory Forums.

• The Search feature is your friend! You will find the answers to a lot of your questions by using it.

• If you are asking questions that are of a technical/mechanical/electrical/performance nature, please place them in the “Victory Tech and Performance” forum. This will speed up a response. Placing them in the model specific forum can delay a response.
Please add the year and model of your bike to your signature, so we know how to help when you ask a question!

Ok now the copy and paste is out of the way.

I would advise you to skip the Swept pipes. They rob the bike of power. Get the Xbows or Shotguns but not the swepts.

·
Registered
567 Posts
Welcome to the Victory family....I am sure you won't be disappointed with your new ride....Be careful, get to know her and keep the rubber side down....again congratulations

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Does anyone know where I can get the Black wedges? I would like to get rid of the chrome ones.

·
Registered
142 Posts
Does anyone know where I can get the Black wedges? I would like to get rid of the chrome ones.
I had a buddy paint mine black,along with the headlight,and speedo bucket.thumb up

·
Premium Member
183 Posts
They don't appear to have just plain, black wedges but this link:

http://cycleopsusa.com/store/index.html

has a few choices for black wedges with engraving. You have to scroll about halfway down the page to find these.

I also thought that Kewl Metal made black wedges as well but I didn't see them on their site. Cycle Solutions may also have what you're looking for so give them a look if you haven't already.

Miles

·
Registered
12 Posts
If you have the patience, you can paint yours black yourself. I did mine with a spray paint from Rustoleum called "hammered". The newest version is ok for plastics. I used this to try and mirror the finish on my engine and it turned out very nice. If you want a smoother look to match your tin you could use a satin or gloss. When I was done, I added a couple 100 CI badges that I got from Noemtz and was good to go. Can send you a pic if you're interested. I didn't use a primer as it said it wasn't necessary but I did scuff up the chrome with a scotch brite pad first to help with adhesion. Hardest part was waiting for it to dry between coats!

·
Registered
364 Posts
They don't appear to have just plain, black wedges but this link:

http://cycleopsusa.com/store/index.html

has a few choices for black wedges with engraving. You have to scroll about halfway down the page to find these.

I also thought that Kewl Metal made black wedges as well but I didn't see them on their site. Cycle Solutions may also have what you're looking for so give them a look if you haven't already.

Miles
Actually, we do offer our black ano'd wedges and engine covers plain without the engraving by special order although I do often have them on hand already for custom engravings.

Can also do any color powder coat or anodizing you can want. Even two tone for contrast. (This custom set is getting contrast engraved with the NY Yankee logo, but then inlaid in white for a really cool look.)

We're also coming out with these new covers soon that'll be polished, black anodized, then the shere dimples will be contrast cut. We'll also be doing this design on our engine covers to match sets. Will also be available in chrome or all black with with the dimples left black.

·
Premium Member
183 Posts
Wow! Those are going to be terrific! I can see myself getting the whole set when they're available. I do like the plain ones, too, so this is gonna be a tough choice. Hmmm, maybe one side with the dimpled covers and the other side with the plain ones....... ;)

1 - 15 of 15 Posts