Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Put a deposit down on an '03 Vegas but can't take ownership for a week or so until the seller gets the lien released. That stinks but a little patience and I'll have a great ride. It was 75 degrees and sunny here in Phoenix this weekend and I couldn't ride it.

Glad I found this forum, but it seems this thing will be a whole new money pit. cheers

Alan

·
Registered
2,699 Posts
Congrats on the bike and welcome to the forum! Remember that there are two types of money pits, one for options and one for repairs.

As far as repairs go Victory builds sturdy bikes so most of your money will stay in your pocket because you shouldn't need many repairs (except occassional tires).

Options are another story as you can spend a little, a lot, or nothing. It's up to you to control how much money is spent on options.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Remember, the purchase price is only the down payment. Good thing is, in about ten years you run out of things to add to the bike. :)

·
Registered
143 Posts
Congrats on the Vegas Alan. And welcome to the board.

Ya I rode alllll weekend. It was perfect!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks guys. I've learned enough to know how reliable Victory's are, the money pit comment was all about the customization.

After years of exitement for bike week in April, I'll actually get to participate. Taking a rock crawer Jeep on a bike runn just ain't the same.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Welcome from another new member, I have had my VV for almost a year and couldnt be happier with the Vic. Congrats!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts