Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i just called Conquest Customs a few days ago and they told me they are discontinuing their second version of the Ground Pounders and are working on a new version which wont need an oil cooler relocate for the 2008+ bikes, and are going to offer them in a mild steel as well as stainless.

anybody else have any more info on them, or know the difference between the mild and stainless exhausts? i dont ride in much inclement weather, and the bike never sees salt as i put er away early to ensure that, would i be alright just going with the mild steel as a cheaper alternative?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Subscribing... I'm fixing to have to replace my exhaust, was considering octanes or groundpounders.

I'd like it if they had o2 bungs so I could use my existing autotune, but i guess with the larger pipe diameter and shorter length recursion is an issue.

·
Premium Member
8,801 Posts
Mild steel will rust but it'll take many years before it'd be a problem.
Can paint with VHT and touch up occasionally, Or I suppose powdercoating would be another option, most car headers are just mild steel and last for decades,
I got 7 years so far outta a set of hundred dollar swap meet, well used 4-1 headers on my V8 Ford,they're still going strong
Definitely cheaper than stainless,
Cheaper stainless will rust too though.
Ya get what you pay for.

·
Registered
976 Posts
The new Ground Pounders are on Conquest Customs latest bike. They look great!

They are on Bullit and the blue bike he has just done.

·
Premium Member
784 Posts
Got a link?

·
Registered
976 Posts
Here you go. New GP's.

Attachments

1 - 7 of 7 Posts