Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,002 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Bike with old exhaust:

Bike with new:

LOL - took off the old pipes and what did I find? Nothing - they never put any exhaust gaskets on the previous system - weren't on the pipes, weren't sticking to the exhaust ports! That's why I now travel about 90 miles to get any work done on my bike.

Might entertain selling the Ness pipes I took off....

·
Registered
567 Posts
How did you save some $$$$ by taking off the "old" pipes...? Victory's 2 in 1 pipes are supposed to be high performance as well as the Ness's

·
The Diamond
4,001 Posts
A 2 into 1 more than not is going to produce better numbers than a 2 into 2. So, the Ness pipes really aren't competition for performance.

·
Premium Member
29 Posts
The bike looks great! How do you like the sound? How loud is it? Is this the older or newer style of 2 into 1 exhaust from Vic? I have been looking into 2 to 1 for my 08 JP and like the looks of the Vic ones. Are you happy with fit and finish? Would you recommend them?

Thanks

·
Premium Member
13,728 Posts
The bike looks great! How do you like the sound? How loud is it? Is this the older or newer style of 2 into 1 exhaust from Vic? I have been looking into 2 to 1 for my 08 JP and like the looks of the Vic ones. Are you happy with fit and finish? Would you recommend them?

Thanks
I would recommend them. Because the stock pipes on the Vic Jackpot are so well matched up with the motor and intake when stock; the power jump is small but it has the right sound when you get on it and has that low tone I like when cruising. The fit and finish is excellent.

Someday when I go with a better intake kit; the 2-1 will really pay off I think.

The Lloydz Idle Air Controller might be a must for your 08 from what I've been reading and I want to install one as well. It doesn't look like a very big job to install one. I would do that before installing the new pipes if I were you. JMHO.

·
Premium Member
29 Posts
Thanks for the info BBob. Has anyone tried the Lloydz Idle Air Controller? If so what are your results? Was it really pretty easy to install and adjust?

Thanks

·
Premium Member
13,728 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,002 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Fit and finish are great, and no leaks. The exhaust is relatively quiet at idle/low rpm's and has a very nice throaty tone when the bike is opened up. Highly recommended! thumb up

·
Premium Member
1,002 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
They are made here by the owner of the local Vic shop. I've only seen 2 of them. I'm sure he has more or can make them.

Closer view:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts