Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,

Been riding a couple of years now and decided it was time to upgrade to a bigger bike. Doing long trips on a 250 dual sport just wasn't fun at all so I started looking around for a good looking blacked out 900 and pretty much decided on picking up a new Vulcan 900 Custom when my father in law mentioned he saw a tricked out Vegas sitting in a dealer way back in the middle of nowhere. I went and checked it out and instantly fell in love with it and bought it that week.

It's an '07 Vegas 8-Ball with just over 12,000km on the clock. The previous owner did a LOT to it which was good for me since most of the stuff I would have done to it has already been done. It has:

Ness Fly bars
Ness teardrop mirrors
Ness levers
Kuryakyn ISO grips
Kuryakyn switchblade pegs moved 2" forward
Bullet headlight
Mustang seat
Santa Rosa pipes
Power Commander

AND.....a custom paint job done by a local guy

So there's been a lot done to it but lots left for me to do. I've done one big weekend ride where I put almost 1000km on the bike and absolutely love it. No shortage of power, I can ride for hours, and it definitely turns heads wherever I go. Hope I can learn a lot from you guys on here and I'll post some pics tomorrow once I get home from work.

Cheers,
Tony

·
Premium Member
1,570 Posts
Hey guys,

Been riding a couple of years now and decided it was time to upgrade to a bigger bike. Doing long trips on a 250 dual sport just wasn't fun at all so I started looking around for a good looking blacked out 900 and pretty much decided on picking up a new Vulcan 900 Custom when my father in law mentioned he saw a tricked out Vegas sitting in a dealer way back in the middle of nowhere. I went and checked it out and instantly fell in love with it and bought it that week.

It's an '07 Vegas 8-Ball with just over 12,000km on the clock. The previous owner did a LOT to it which was good for me since most of the stuff I would have done to it has already been done. It has:

Ness Fly bars
Ness teardrop mirrors
Ness levers
Kuryakyn ISO grips
Kuryakyn switchblade pegs moved 2" forward
Bullet headlight
Mustang seat
Santa Rosa pipes
Power Commander

AND.....a custom paint job done by a local guy

So there's been a lot done to it but lots left for me to do. I've done one big weekend ride where I put almost 1000km on the bike and absolutely love it. No shortage of power, I can ride for hours, and it definitely turns heads wherever I go. Hope I can learn a lot from you guys on here and I'll post some pics tomorrow once I get home from work.

Cheers,
Tony
Welcome Tony! When you get a chance...post up some pics of the bike....thumb up.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Ditto here. I was moving up from my '84 (!) Maxim 750. I really like the '09 Vulcan 900 Custom but they're hard to find. Finally decided to make a long term investment as soon as I saw an '09 8 Ball on the showroom floor. Congrats. Isn't it nice having something a little different than everyone else?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
it is! I figured why spend more for insurance and more over the long run modding and upgrading a Vulcan to where I wanted it only to trade it in on a bigger bike after a few years when I could just go big right off the bat and have a bike I'm gonna love for a LONG time....plus it's nice to turn heads and get people talking :)

as promised: here's some pics...

Attachments

·
Registered
117 Posts
Welcome Tony!
If you are after advice for your new bike "these people are full of it".
Really, you have got some good people here that will share some good advice that will help you enjoy your new Vic even more.
Again, Welcome.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts