Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello Everyone! New Victory owner here, traded my 2008 Harley Davidson Night train (with roughtly 12xxx miles on it) for a 2010 Victory Hammer 8-ball, with 1xxx miles on it.

It may not be brand new, but its hardly been touched... just kept in a garage for 4 years pretty much. Drives like a dream, took a bit to get used to the handle bars, but i enjoy not having to over stretch my back to much.

Anyways, Can anyone explain to me, what the difference between a Hammer 8ball, and just a hammer? or is the 8-ball a body style?

Anyone got any suggestions on what to start with? (it has the flat black swept pipes, and a windshield)

Thanks again!

·
Registered
2,699 Posts

·
Super Moderator
5,036 Posts
Hello Everyone! New Victory owner here, traded my 2008 Harley Davidson Night train (with roughtly 12xxx miles on it) for a 2010 Victory Hammer 8-ball, with 1xxx miles on it.

It may not be brand new, but its hardly been touched... just kept in a garage for 4 years pretty much. Drives like a dream, took a bit to get used to the handle bars, but i enjoy not having to over stretch my back to much.

Anyways, Can anyone explain to me, what the difference between a Hammer 8ball, and just a hammer? or is the 8-ball a body style?

Anyone got any suggestions on what to start with? (it has the flat black swept pipes, and a windshield)

Thanks again!
Yea put some miles on it. 12,000 miles in 6 years maybe with the new bike you'll......

·
Super Moderator
5,036 Posts
Lol I bought the bike with 7k miles, and put 5k miles since February. I plan on breaking it in very quick.
Now there's a plan!!!

·
Registered
103 Posts
congratulations on your purchase. Where in Illinois are you?

·
Registered
1,414 Posts
Welcome to the forum.
It is simple. Victory is calling things an 8-ball when they strip off most of the goodies and give you an all black bike. I ride a Vision in black but it is not an 8-ball. If it was, the radio and the electric windshield would be missing. I'm not sure what "extras" they strip from a Hammer.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts