Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
New here...thought I would introduce myself. Just purchased a 2010 XC. Midnight Cherry. I have enjoyed every single one of the 150miles I put on it the day I picked it up.

I am having two issues. Cruise control cutting out, but I found a post on where to look for that fix so hopefully that will not be an issue after tonight.

Second one...how do I instal the soft lowers that came with the bike? They are Victory lowers and I cannot for the life of me figure out how they attach to the Forged bars.

Thanks for any help.

·
Registered
12,148 Posts
First - welcome from the Pacific Northwet. Second - make certain the battery terminals are tight and have star type lock washers under the bolts. They have a tendency to loosen and cause electrical gremlins. Third - I have tube type crashbars so I can't help there.

·
Premium Member
8,707 Posts
Welcome from OZ, ditto on the battery bolts, and riding a Vegas so no crashers at all.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the info...battery terminals are good. That would have made sense though...the PO just put a new battery in the bike this spring. Everything was snug at the battery. I found a post that provides a self diagnostic so I am going to go through that to pin point my problem.

As for the lowers...I will just keep struggling until I figure it out. Really...how many ways could they possibly go??

·
Registered
12,148 Posts
I wonder if those lowers are intended for tube and not forged bars.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The lowers came with the bike and the PO said he bought them new with the bike. I have been looking at pictures of bikes with them installed...Hopefully I will figure it out.

Spent an hour last night working on my cruise control issue and when that got frustrating I just polished the bike. Today is another day. These are pretty minor issues that aren't preventing me from riding so all is good in the world.

Thanks for the help and suggestions.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts