Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
12,150 Posts
Let me be the first to welcome you here from the Pacific Northwet. Is this your first Victory?

·
Registered
374 Posts
Welcome from Cali, I just got my CCT a month ago. Every time I ride it I like it more and more

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Let me be the first to welcome you here from the Pacific Northwet. Is this your first Victory?
Yup my first victory, been riding Harley's most of my life... just wanted a bike that focused on innovation and engineering, not the nostalgia of years past...

·
Registered
12,150 Posts
Yup my first victory, been riding Harley's most of my life... just wanted a bike that focused on innovation and engineering, not the nostalgia of years past...
Not to forget comfort, dependability and exclusive tivity. :grin

·
Registered
530 Posts
a hearty welcome from Central NY!! cheerscheers

whereabouts are ya located because they are predicting snow this weekend... up to 4-5 inches by Tuesday....
riding season is officially over this weekend for me... back to the Kia till spring. lol

·
Registered
2,070 Posts
Welcome from the Albany area.

No exhaust changes -- a lot of folks certainly mess with new pipes -- but I have made quite a few other changes to my '12 XCT. If you have some time, you might want to browse through my gallery (link in signature block, below).

If you want engine work done, note that Lloydz is in the Hudson Valley, a nice ride from much of NY State. He's busy, so you could schedule something for next spring or summer (and save your pennies in the meantime).

·
Registered
319 Posts
Had I not owned 14 Harlees previously I would not appreciate my 12 CCT as much as I truly do... :^)

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Up first on my list are new bars (I like apes), looking at the Arlen Ness modulars, as well as the victory apes. Second are new cans, looking at the V&H big shots...

The guy that got me into Victorys had his bike tuned by llyodz... I will definitely be going there eventually...

I'm from the lower end of NY, westchester county ... so far the weather is holding here. Calling for snow around thanksgiving... got my fingers crossed...

·
Registered
12 Posts
Greetings from New York, I'm the proud owner of a 2016 Cross Country Tourer... couldn't be happier, have a list of mods three miles long... looking forward to exchanging ideas and learning about my bike...
Welcome from Texas where the riding is still taking place.

You will love your XCT, I have the same but 2013.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
1,706 Posts
Welcome from Florida! I have a 2015 Cross Country Tour! I picked it up on the 30th of July and put over 8K on it already! It's my first Vic and I love it!

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Thank you all for the welcoming words.
I actually ride year round as long as there is no snow or ice on the roads (thank god for heated gear)

I've been getting a lot of funny looks on the road, being on a big black victory and sporting my Harley leather jacket... oh well... lol... it will take some time to change over the apparel...

·
12,970 Posts
Thank you all for the welcoming words.
I actually ride year round as long as there is no snow or ice on the roads (thank god for heated gear)

I've been getting a lot of funny looks on the road, being on a big black victory and sporting my Harley leather jacket... oh well... lol... it will take some time to change over the apparel...
keep in mind if its that cold out tires do not grip like in warm weather. You don't stop as fast either.
Hey I wear HD stuff all the time not spending $40 bucks on some lame ass designed victory tee shirt. Black shirt with red V must of taken years for victory to think that up

·
Registered
1,292 Posts
If your gear's good, who cares which name's on it?

Not sure why VJ hates the Vic logo so much. I think it's just fine in all its many incarnations. Not sure I'd bother to spend the money to swap if I already had good gear.

T-shirts are $25, btw. If you were curious :ltr:

·
Registered
691 Posts
Welcome from sunny southern cal. 2013 CCT with 40K Bronz Mist. Still love the bike.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts