Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been considering replacing my stock Vic tank badges for a while now but I havent been 100% on any of the other badges out there. I really like the new badge but I havent been able to locate them for sale. Does anyone know where I could purchase these badges for my tank? Im going to check with me Dealer on Tuesday. Thanks

·
Premium Member
13,729 Posts
Your guess is as good as anyone's right now. Asking the dealership is probably the best bet because they have to come through one of them being an OEM part.

I like them too. If the price isn't too outrageous; I'll probably put them on the XC. and maybe the KP's. Have to wait and see how much they will want to gouge us with them.

·
Registered
368 Posts
Hopefully Barracuda or someone is already working on an aftermarket version.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Haven't found it yet. I still like the old one better but the new one is pretty sharp.

·
Administrator
5,988 Posts
Already have mine installed all I had to do was buy the 2013 xct
You are officially nominated for the "Problem Solver of the Year" award. :clap: :ltr:

·
Registered
1,071 Posts
and where are some pics to show us?

·
Registered
51 Posts
Sorry have been on the bike or working Problem solver of the year LMAO, No did not pay over 22,000 got the dollars for riding when the Victory truck was in town traded in my 08 Yamaha RSV which I really liked but was very top heavy, honestly I tried to down load pictures when I posted, I will try again when I have more time, these Victory's are getting costly bought my wife the Vegas last fall to replace her 650 yamaha an had no plans on getting a new bike the Victory truck came to town an how does the saying go "drive one you will buy one" I thought ya right that'll happen

·
Premium Member
13,729 Posts
Sorry have been on the bike or working Problem solver of the year LMAO, No did not pay over 22,000 got the dollars for riding when the Victory truck was in town traded in my 08 Yamaha RSV which I really liked but was very top heavy, honestly I tried to down load pictures when I posted, I will try again when I have more time, these Victory's are getting costly bought my wife the Vegas last fall to replace her 650 yamaha an had no plans on getting a new bike the Victory truck came to town an how does the saying go "drive one you will buy one" I thought ya right that'll happen
Funny you should say this about Vic's being expensive!

About 2.5 years ago I made the mistake of riding a Victory at one of the truck demo's they do.

Now I have 3 and a broken/leaky Sportster I can't seem to bring myself to even work on. It use to be fun and interesting to work on the HD's for me. No more. Just a PIA ass now with very little return for the effort.

Naturally it isn't this way for everyone and honestly; for those who love the HD brand - Cool beans man.

I'm done with 'em. After 9 of 'em and all the issues I had with them; I'm had enough.

Still like they way they can be prettied up though with all the available aftermarket bolt-on parts.

Just don't see me ever buying another one now that I know how well the Victory's are made and more importantly; how easy they are to work on compared to HD. Very few specialty tools are needed and none to do a simple dual cam change compared to what all is needed for the HD Twin Cam motor and all the specialty tools needed for that.

But don't even go there until you rebuild the entire motor because the lower end on HD's is just barely built well enough to handle what they come stock with.

Once I found that out; I was mentally done with HD. They screwed their customers big time by building their motors to be barely able to handle the little bit of horsepower they come with.

Nothing could be more sad than that (when buying a new bike) in my humble opinion...

Right about now... anyone reading this is wondering how much hp/tq a new stock Victory motor can handle. From what I understand; it's in the 140/140 area which makes the stock motor practically bullet proof.

Obviously... nothing made by man is perfect but these Vic motors are really getting close to it.

YMMV, FWIW,... have fun and ride!!

·
Premium Member
117 Posts
I want the new Emblem on the Cheese wedge. I think the Black and Chrome would look good on my Highball. Everything is blacked out but it would be that touch of Chrome to highlite the engine fins.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts