Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
931 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, took my brother to Motorcycle Mall to check out some of the Victorys.
Sale guy: Hi may I help you
Me: yeah my brother wants a new Victory
Sales guy: well any questions
Me: How much for that one?
SG: Thats around 13k to 14k for the Vegas
me: Really, are you sure
sg: pretty much I can check be right back Vegas
me: its a Cross Roads LE
sg: yeah Vegas
me: holy sh*t, Ben if he comes back and gives that price again get it in writing and start a deal
sg: yeah thats 14,500
me: ok Thanx... moron

Oh, and another sales guy comes by I ask again for the price of the LE he said thats top of the line 22k, I replied the MSRP is 17999 he walked away lol
Ok, so they are new to Victory. They had a Hammer Jackpot 2 Xroads 1 Xroads Classic Le and a Vision. And all of the filthy, granted its a new building but holy **** teach your sales folk what they are selling.

·
Registered
545 Posts
The truth be known... there are dealers and sales people who have carried the Victory products from day one of production who DO NOT know anything about them. Also true of the dealers service techs...

·
Registered
2,699 Posts
The only way the sales people will learn is by time and embarrassment. When they quote something extremely low customers need to go with them to the sales manager. When the manager sees what kind of prices the customers are given he/she should correct the sales person on the spot. After enough times of getting told to quit f'in up they should learn or get a new job.

IMHO dealers should put prices on the bikes. I will not buy anything that is not clearly marked and I consider the tag price as a starting point for the deal.

·
Registered
931 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The dealer I bought my Pin from had prices on there bikes

·
Registered
520 Posts
That's the BIG problem with many Victory dealers, untrained salespeople and even worse technicians. Victory needs to put pressure on their dealers to get it together, they shouldn't even be allowed to sell the brand before their sales staff and techs have been factory trained.

·
Registered
1,858 Posts
Well, took my brother to Motorcycle Mall to check out some of the Victorys.
Sale guy: Hi may I help you
Me: yeah my brother wants a new Victory
Sales guy: well any questions
Me: How much for that one?
SG: Thats around 13k to 14k for the Vegas
me: Really, are you sure
sg: pretty much I can check be right back Vegas
me: its a Cross Roads LE
sg: yeah Vegas
me: holy sh*t, Ben if he comes back and gives that price again get it in writing and start a deal
sg: yeah thats 14,500
me: ok Thanx... moron

Oh, and another sales guy comes by I ask again for the price of the LE he said thats top of the line 22k, I replied the MSRP is 17999 he walked away lol
Ok, so they are new to Victory. They had a Hammer Jackpot 2 Xroads 1 Xroads Classic Le and a Vision. And all of the filthy, granted its a new building but holy **** teach your sales folk what they are selling.
LOL - I would have written out the check and been out the door before the manager could have corrected him.

As far as the $22K "target" pricetag, the dealers only get 1 each so they can sell it for whatever the market will bring. Kinda the same thing on the Ness edition bikes. It's not like there are 5,000 or 50K of them made each year like the standard edition XC/XRs. Now, truth be told, many of us have bought our limited edition versions at discounts to retail and some dealerships have sold more than 1 as they trade other dealerships out for them. My dealer sold numerous '11 Ness XCs (mine being the 3rd one in '11). Offer them $17K and see if they are willing to deal.

·
Registered
121 Posts
Who?

The truth be known... there are dealers and sales people who have carried the Victory products from day one of production who DO NOT know anything about them. Also true of the dealers service techs...
What dealer is it that you are talking about? It would be. Nice for us others in NJ to know

1 - 7 of 7 Posts