Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all, my name is Chris and I recently purchased a 2013 Victory Hammer. This bike intrigued me when I first looked at them in 2011. At the time I was riding a 2008 Suzuki m50, first bike. After 700 miles on the Hammer, I cannot wait for the whistle at work to get on this thing and rip threw the twisties on the way home. The only upgrade so far are the Victory swept pipes. Not a lot of choices for these bikes. I like the sound. Upgrades will follow after more research. Any hints/ideas will be appreciated.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks. Great bike, great quality. Right now I am looking cosmetic/comfort upgrades. Thinking the Ness fly bars. What do you recommend for forward controls? I am 6'3". I have read about the vegas controls.

·
Registered
403 Posts
I too am a fan of the fly bars. I am 6'2" and have thought about forward controls. There are several places to get them including Victory. You'll see a member on here Noemtz that has his own shop and sells forward controls in both the 2 inch and 4 inch variety. I will prob end up going the 2 inch route. Send a pm to LILMAGS500. He has Vegas controls on his Hammer.

http://www.noemtz.com/

For comfort you've gotta ditch the stock seat, IMO it sucks. I picked up a Flammed Bandit seat from Victory and love it. It fits the lines of the bike better than the tour seat. There are several seat options out there- Mustang, victory aftermarket etc.

I didn't care for the stock grips and went with some ISO's. Grips are also another product that there are plenty of.

My best comfort mod to date is www.victoryhid.com HID's. Crossroads is an Admin here and it's his site. Top quality and even better c/s. The difference in light distribution over stock is miles better. I ordered both hi/low.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
Thanks moosehead. I like a lot of the stuff on those websites. Tonight I rolled my stock bars up, but haven't ridden it like that yet. I do like the way it feels though. Only if the fly bars didn't have so much pull back. Wonder if drag bars with risers would be a good look/fit. One more thing, does the tank have to be removed to take off the seat?

·
Premium Member
346 Posts
Thanks moosehead. I like a lot of the stuff on those websites. Tonight I rolled my stock bars up, but haven't ridden it like that yet. I do like the way it feels though. Only if the fly bars didn't have so much pull back. Wonder if drag bars with risers would be a good look/fit. One more thing, does the tank have to be removed to take off the seat?
Drag bars make the bike a little tougher to turn. You can easily take the seat off without taking the tank off.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts