Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

My name is Stuart and I live in SW Ohio. I just bought a 2012 Vision with a little over 6000 miles which is quite the upgrade from a Suzuki Boulevard S40. I've been looking to upgrade to a large cruiser with lockable bags and had the list narrowed down to a Victory CC, Vision or a Vstar 1300 Tour Deluxe. I tried the star at a Yamaha demo days, decided I really didn't like it and then pulled the trigger on the '12 that I'd been emailing the dealer about for about a month. I'm looking forward to many, many miles on my new bike.

·
Premium Member
5,632 Posts
Hello,

My name is Stuart and I live in SW Ohio. I just bought a 2012 Vision with a little over 6000 miles which is quite the upgrade from a Suzuki Boulevard S40. I've been looking to upgrade to a large cruiser with lockable bags and had the list narrowed down to a Victory CC, Vision or a Vstar 1300 Tour Deluxe. I tried the star at a Yamaha demo days, decided I really didn't like it and then pulled the trigger on the '12 that I'd been emailing the dealer about for about a month. I'm looking forward to many, many miles on my new bike.

Congrats Stuart. Looks like you got the one that just came into CCM. Great value for giving the other guy the duty of breaking it in for you. thumb up

Be sure to stop out to one of their monthly rides. Vics have been under-represented there lately.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Congrats Stuart. Looks like you got the one that just came into CCM. Great value for giving the other guy the duty of breaking it in for you. thumb up

Be sure to stop out to one of their monthly rides. Vics have been under-represented there lately.
You are correct, that's the Vision from CCM. You know anything about it other than that?

They do the rides on the 3rd Saturday of the month, right? The first one I can make it to is the one in July. On June's 3rd Saturday, two friends and I are going to Bowling Greed to the Corvette museum to see the sinkhole.

·
Premium Member
1,010 Posts
Hello Stuart and Congratulations on the new to you Vision!

Ride Safe, Ride Often. cheers

·
Premium Member
5,632 Posts
You are correct, that's the Vision from CCM. You know anything about it other than that?
Other than you got a bunch of goodies on it and it looked great, no. It was apparently owned by a tall guy as I couldn't reach the forward pegs he put on it as well as rubber floorboard extenders. The backrest was also too far back for my short arms to allow my back to reach. But for a tall guy, it looks awfully comfy.

He also just threw in a $600 Garmin. Sweet. I'd have been on Ebay or a forum selling that stuff as they give you squat for it on a trade-in. His loss was most definitely your gain.

The one thing I'd be cautious of is leaving that Garmin in its mount. The guy replaced the screw that requires a special tool to remove it from the mount with a thumb screw. That thing could grow feet real fast. OTOH, it also makes it quick and easy for you to pop it off and throw it in a locked bag when you park it.

They do the rides on the 3rd Saturday of the month, right? The first one I can make it to is the one in July. On June's 3rd Saturday, two friends and I are going to Bowling Greed to the Corvette museum to see the sinkhole.
There's a nice Frickers off the highway there that I have a habit of stopping and refueling at when I'm out that way.

Hopefully, I can make it out in July to help represent!

Enjoy.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Other than you got a bunch of goodies on it and it looked great, no. It was apparently owned by a tall guy as I couldn't reach the forward pegs he put on it as well as rubber floorboard extenders. The backrest was also too far back for my short arms to allow my back to reach. But for a tall guy, it looks awfully comfy.

He also just threw in a $600 Garmin. Sweet. I'd have been on Ebay or a forum selling that stuff as they give you squat for it on a trade-in. His loss was most definitely your gain.

The one thing I'd be cautious of is leaving that Garmin in its mount. The guy replaced the screw that requires a special tool to remove it from the mount with a thumb screw. That thing could grow feet real fast. OTOH, it also makes it quick and easy for you to pop it off and throw it in a locked bag when you park it.

There's a nice Frickers off the highway there that I have a habit of stopping and refueling at when I'm out that way.

Hopefully, I can make it out in July to help represent!

Enjoy.
I agree about the highway pegs, I can't reach them either. :) I'm thinking of pulling them off and trying to sell them.

The rest I'm going to keep. The backrest is perfect and the Garmin is definitely useful.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts